Oakridge rub suggestion for ribs

Daddyx

Reaction score
I received my VIP Sampler pack and plan to try out a couple rubs this weekend on some ribs. Any suggestions on which to use first or will I win with whatever choice I make?

Do you like dry ribs or sauced? I made some spares last weekend with Competition as the base. I mixed some apricot preserves and bbq sauce (1:2) with some Dominator and glazed at the end of the cook. Right before service, dusted with Habenero Death Dust. Everyone seemed to like it. If you want to go the dry rib route, try Competition as base and Dominator as the top rub. Or flip it. You win either way!

I use a layer of Dominator and switch between Secret weapon, competition and crucible as my second layer.

Secret Weapon is my fav Oakridge rib on ribs . Even good on yardbird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Base layer of Secret Weapon and then top off with a LIGHT layer of Dominator for a hint of cinnamon (too much and it will taste like apple pie).

I'm just a backyarder and so far have only tried Dominater and the Competition pork and beef rubs.

Tried the Competition on ribs and thought it needed a little more pop so I layered some Smokin Guns hot on top and that turned out pretty good.

The Dominater worked well on ribs and my family absolutely loved it on chicken thighs.

Just did some with Smokey Chipotle Lime. Good stuff.

My usual is a base of Dominator and then Habanero Death Dust.

I decided to go with the competition rub on these ribs. Good flavor but I will definitely layer with something to add a bit of kick next time, maybe the HDD.

St.%20Louis_zpsiz7pbmnv.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

I haven’t had many but I do like the Santa Maria ...there is one with a strong cinammon taste I don’t care for but I am really looking forward to trying some of the other rubs.....lots of positive feedback on this company’s products...

Back