• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Viera FL (KCBS) results.

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
Kevin (HomeBBQ) and Mike (Woodhouse) had a good day--once again :lol:

Apparently, the top 3 and #7 did not use garnish :lol:
Before anyone gets carried away--many FL based KCBS judges are FBA judges also.
I would bet that many of the judges were used to seeing "meat only" boxes.
I would be careful in assuming this would work in other regions--IMHO. At least for now.
Kevin or Mike might chime in on this.

Good job guys!!!!!!

TIM
3 Woodhouse Grill 614.2858
4 Firehouse BBQ 614.2854
5 AKA Cook Team 610.2852
6 Swamp Water Boys 609.7140
7 Bill & the Dixie Chicks 605.1422
8 Pigilicious BBQ 591.4286
9 Piggin N Grinnin FL 590.2860
10 Smokin Butts 589.1428

Alright! Congrats and Good For Ya.

Kevin, just got your smpler pack in the mail Friday. Plannin already on how I'm gonna cook next weekend. Hopefully.

Kevin and Mike you two have been doing great. Wow! Your smoken hot. good luck we'll be watching from South Dakota. Let the Blue Smoke Roll.

thanks guy's , Kevin and I have been trying to improve on our cooking skills
and have been doing pretty good with it.About the garnish, this was a very stressful!!!! weekend going without the garnish , someday we can tell you guy's the whole story but for now, I will not go without the garnish again in my opinion the box looks alot better with it and my score's prove this. In other kcbs contests my score's in appearance were higher. I got a couple of eights and nine's but mostly six's and seven's.The judges were about half FBA/kcbs judges and the other just kcbs.We were not trying to make this an FBA thing like one kcbs rep said to me, we were just trying to see if you could still pull off a win without it. Only in Florida I think this could happen and it did. I like the lettuce the kcbs should keep it and get rid of the rule.Its just my opinion.

Mike The woodhouse Grill

Back