Madison (IN) Ribberfest - August

matt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Do any of you ever go to Madison Indiana for the ribber fest in august and compete in that competition.

I competed there this year. This was my first year of comps and Madison was my second comp and first sanctioned comp.

Ithink iam going to go next year just to watch

We competed last year at Madison for the first time. It is a great contest, beatiful locale. Next year prize money is going up but the number of teams are going down to 60. We're already signed up for next year. Get your applications in early.

that's my teammate's anniversary; we competed in 2005 and judged last year. We were told they didn't need judges this year, when we found out we wouldn't be competing. Next year, I'll probably sign up early.

It's VERY hot there, but good teams. The town is really nice, too.

We have cooked it three years and it is a great contest. Right on the river and you are well taken care of. I would strongly suggest it.

that's my teammate's anniversary; we competed in 2005 and judged last year. We were told they didn't need judges this year, when we found out we wouldn't be competing. Next year, I'll probably sign up early.

It's VERY hot there, but good teams. The town is really nice, too.

Since that's your teammate's anniversary, does that mean you won't be cooking there either?

Probably not, Jim... We do it as a team; that's part of the fun in it for us. I'll probably try to judge, or maybe tag along with another team.

Back