Discussion Thread -> "Gettin' Fed in the Med!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Gettin' Fed in the Med!"

As chosen by Shagdog for winning the "Appetizer Three-Way" Throwdown"!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING
f98e9314-a5b5-481d-b154-62242b7713a0_zpse7fc0990.jpg

Mmmm-mmm good! I'd hit that! :thumb:

Shagdog said:
Hey there Mr. Moose

New Category

Gettin' Fed in the Med

Foods of Mediterranean region. Cook anything whose recipe/style/flavor profile comes from a country that borders the Mediterranean Sea.

Those countries are :

Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey.

Wow. Not only did Shagdog win two back to back TD's, he's also a Geographer. This could spell trouble for ALL of us in the future...:heh:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/7 through Sunday 3/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 3/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Oh Man.......... I just got off the meds!.................Here we go again!

So let me get this straight.

We're supposed to get our meds from some geographer in one of those countries?

Nope. Doesn't have to be a geographer. That would just be weird...:crazy:

images

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Throwdownland, and you see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, Gettin' Fed in the Med means your entry must be inspired by food from Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey. – nothing more.

Can't help ya with the dormice, Peeps, but I think that Guinea Pig or hamster would be a decent substitute.. :thumb:

Can't help ya with the dormice, Peeps, but I think that Guinea Pig or hamster would be a decent substitute.. :thumb:
I didn't want "inspired by", I wanted authentic! The article DID say dormice were more similar to squirrels, so maybe bigabyte can help :wink:

But I HATE hospital food!!!!! :tsk:

webTheMedBldg.jpg

THE-MED.png

BTW, nobody around here even remotely thinks about a sea when you say it...:wink:

Heh, I only watched a little bit of it. Thanks for making sure the entire thing was safe for consumption, multiple times

Back