• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment VOA BBQ BASH West Chester, OH

Trying to get my teammate to drive up from Arkansas it sounds like it could be a great time! However with all the shopping options up there it could get expensive cause with the wife.

Contest is still not listed as a State Championship on the KCBS site.

Old Dave, we will get in touch with KCBS and have it changed. It is a State Championship and qualifies for the Jack and is part of the Ohio Triple Crown.

Trying to get my teammate to drive up from Arkansas it sounds like it could be a great time! However with all the shopping options up there it could get expensive cause with the wife.

You are right about the shopping. Ikea is there and a huge outlet mall. Here is the location for your wife, 400 Premium Outlets Drive Monroe, OH 45050. Ha Ha.

Your teammate lives in Arkansas and you live in KY??? Wow that not even close. How many comps do you do a year? We would love to have you compete, let me know if you have any questions.

Right now I'm working on having a professional knife sharpener at the comp for the teams. Talking to a couple of people and the cost would be around $3.00 per knife. Would like feedback from teams that will be there. Does this sound like something you would like? I know it make a world of difference when preparing and trimming meat.

Great! Hope to see you.. If you don't want your wife shopping we can put her to work as a volunteer :razz: or I can get her directions to some good shopping to keep you out of trouble.

KJ is correct. I have contacted KCBS to fix this. We didn't have the signed proclomation when we announced the contest but have since received it so that is what happened. I hope to have this correction soon.

Contest is still not listed as a State Championship on the KCBS site.

The KCBS listing for this event has been corrected and is showing that we are a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

05/17/13
to
05/18/13

Buckeye State BBQ Championship West Chester, OH
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

KCBS Reps: STEVE GRINSTEAD, SCOTT GRINSTEAD Results not in

Does anyone know if there are still sites available and electricity?

This one works perfectly into our schedule and an easy drive for us.

Buckeye BBQ Guy, can you check with the website email recipient? I sent an email a while back and have not seen a reply.

There are still spots open. Talked to the organizer a little bit ago and check is getting mailed today. Well hopefully......if not my girlfriend will be celebrating St Patty's Day with a fresh pair of Irish sunglasses.

Dunno if I more excited for the competition or a chance for us to hit Jungle Jims Sunday on the way out of town.

Buckeye BBQ Guy, can you check with the website email recipient? I sent an email a while back and have not seen a reply.

Sorry, I thought I replied. I left you a voicemail message today answering your question. Hope to see you in May!

This will be my first contest I am excited I have wanted to compete for about four years now .now I have the chance to going to try my best . I am from warren Ohio hope to meet a lot of new friends that love BBQ like I so

This will be my first contest I am excited I have wanted to compete for about four years now .now I have the chance to going to try my best . I am from warren Ohio hope to meet a lot of new friends that love BBQ like I so

:clap:

This is my girlfriend's first real KCBS contest (we are doing a rib contest in April) and I have only done a handful so should be fun for us.

BTW I did not see anything in the application about alcohol. Is it no alcohol event or a few beverages over dinner and after turn in are acceptable?

Be nice to bring a couple growlers of homebrew down and trade a glass for a tips.

Bark Brothers BBQ will be there...first comp of the season! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :thumb:

Buckeye State BBQ Championship

We are selling out of spaces quickly ... only 9 left so sign up soon if you want to compete!!!

We are selling out of spaces quickly ... only 9 left so sign up soon if you want to compete!!!

Just curious, do you have an updated team list?

Want to see what teams are showing up!

Back