Trigg Ribs, Moink balls and Belly Pork

smokemaster1

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My first weekend off in over a month:eusa_clap and it's drizzling outside.:mad:
Perfect time for some Q. Been wanting to try some Trigg style ribs for a while, so this is the perfect time :)

Lit a 3/4 full chimney of lump and added it to an almost full charcoal basket of lump with 4 chunks of cherrry wood. Settled at 260.
3 hrs later. Time to Trigg the ribs!
Parkay, onion powder, brown sugar, honey and Tiger Sauce on both sides. Foil and back on the UDS.
411_PIC_1001_1.jpg

Belly Pork scored and rubbed with The Rub Co. rub sample.
411_PIC_0995_1.jpg

411_PIC_0996_1.jpg

411_PIC_0998_1.jpg

411_PIC_1000_1.jpg

Moinks ready for the UDS
411_PIC_0999_1.jpg

Back in the UDS
411_PIC_1003_1.jpg

More to follow.

I am shocked everyday how good BBQ looks everytime I see it.

I've never done a pork belly. That looks GREAT! Is that something that I should be able to get at the supermarket or do I need to head to the butcher? I know it's done when it's done but about how long do you smoke that? Is that something you should flip over when it's about half done or just leave it alone?

Can you ship me a couple plates of that? Looks yummy!!!:thumb:

I've never done a pork belly. That looks GREAT! Is that something that I should be able to get at the supermarket or do I need to head to the butcher? I know it's done when it's done but about how long do you smoke that? Is that something you should flip over when it's about half done or just leave it alone?
You should be able to find it in a supermarket. I cooked mine to 200F. I wanted most of the internal fat to render away. You need to turn it over if you're cooking on a UDS. I flipped it on 4 sides and crisped the skin. It's a real inexpensive cut of pork. Give it a try.

Now somebody is gonna have to tell me what a moink is.

I didn't know either.:redface:

I googled it and found a a really big thread on here about them. People go crazy with these things. I just called them bacon wrapped meatballs, but Moink is way better. Someone was even making cheese curd stuffed Moinks.

Now I'm hungry again. Every time I check this forum I get hungry.:becky:

I didn't know either.:redface:

I googled it and found a a really big thread on here about them. People go crazy with these things. I just called them bacon wrapped meatballs, but Moink is way better. Someone was even making cheese curd stuffed Moinks.

Now I'm hungry again. Every time I check this forum I get hungry.:becky:

There are so many variations. I use 1lb beef,1lb breakfast sausage, breadcrumbs, 1 egg and mix. Wrap with a half strip of thin bacon. Smoke it and then crisp bacon, brush with bbq sauce.

Back