• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2.5” thick Ribeye

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
You may or may not remember this but last November I purchased a whole Ribeye rib and cut myself up a mess of Ribeye steaks off of it. (See Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221248)

Well I still have a few vacuum packed in my freezer so I thawed one out.

I had recently won a Throwdown and received some Tatonka Dust from our generous sponsor Owens BBQ (Thanks :becky:) and wanted to give it a try.

I sprinkled on some salt, fresh ground black pepper and some Tatonka Dust and let this rest while I started up my kamado.

Once the kamado was going along with some Hickory chunks, I placed the Ribeye on the indirect side along with some potatoes. This photo is approximately 15 minutes into the cook.

After it reached an IT of 114 degrees

I removed it, covered with foil and opened up the vents to get up to searing temps.

Once it was smoking hot I place it on for 2 minutes per side. 1st side

and flipped. (Love this shot)

I brought it in on a plate and let it rest 10 minutes before cutting.

Here it is ready for craving.

And craved.

And here it is plated up with a nice baked potato, some heirloom carrots and a Modern Times Red Rye IPA.

Oh so good!

Thanks for looking.

Oh man!! Outstanding cook DH. The color on that steak is just killer. I just used Tatonka Dust tonight for the first time and I'm sold.

Oh man!! Outstanding cook DH. The color on that steak is just killer. I just used Tatonka Dust tonight for the first time and I'm sold.
Thank you Sako. Yes, the Tatonka Dust did add some great flavor and I'll be using a lot for now on.

Back