MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #31
Paulmark
is One Chatty Farker

Could be Hoffa lump...
Paulmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #32
azkitch
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bo View Post
I've only burned a few bags of RO and thankfully, never found any surprises. The idea of smoking my food with concrete, fiberglass, asphalt, etc is not very appealing to me.
The wife and I were at Lowes yesterday to use another $6 K coupon and I also got a bag of Cowboy's lump. Anyone have similar problems with it?
Hey Mr. Bo. I've never found any of that in the RO I've bought. Cowboy has a terrible rep from what I've heard. Laminated flooring pieces, etc. Laminated means glued of course. Fart and Spinal sells 40# bags of best of the west lump. $15. It's got whole trees in it. Chunks the size of my thigh. But they're fully carbonized, and shatter easily with hatchet or hammer. Very messy, of course. The Costco Business Center up here--Indian School & 35th, if you ever come up--sells 40# bags of Diablo lump for $10. Even if they're 40% dust, it's a good deal. My first one was just that, but this one was top of the pallet, and in much better shape. Now...GO CARDINALS!
Oh, yeah. RD sells generic looking 40# bags for just under $11, too. Again, if you come up here to the big sh!tty. See ya in Havasu?
CBJ #53779
azkitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #33
bocephus
Full Fledged Farker

there are so many great replys on here... I think I should just keep on buying RO and see if I can build a little planter or somthing for my girlfriend... always try to get her into cooking with me... maybe this can be my angle

Old 12-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #34
brer rabbit
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCup View Post
Man that sucks! I used to use Royal Oak but switched to Humphrey's and couldn't be happier.

me 2
brer rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #35
BlkJeep
is One Chatty Farker

Unfortunately that doesn’t’ surprise me. I call on both the RO and Kingsford plants. It is night and day difference in their quality control. I’ve tried both but I will spend the extra $ for Kingsford. That piece would never fit the screeners at the Kingsford plant. I would call them! You really got robbed because that is sold by bag weight. It would be like putting lead in a pork butt and selling it by the pound!