MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
SouthDakotaBBQ
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default ***SouthDakotaBBQ Rapid City Mentee*** Confused

Hello all. I am new to the forum here but have been looking in for a month or so now. I have been Grillin, Chillin, Smokin and BBQin for well over 10 years. I recently became a "pellet popper" this last January but still keep my gasser and kettle around for big parties and nostalgia. I have been making my own sauce and rubs for around three years now. I love to brew beer and make Q any day I can, snow, rain, wind or shine. I donated the modest amount for membership as this seems to be a great place to take my game to the next level. I have found a few members here in the great BBQ void we call South Dakota. I will have to make an effort to get ahold of these members and trade some stories and info. I have been looking to start a team (seriously) for about a 6 months now. I found the this forum and thought great idea! I would love to get together with some "local" players and learn to burn and turn some great Q in comps. Where the confusion comes in is I don't see any forum posts here other than this main "instructions" post. What am I missing? Anyway I would love to become a Mentee and am willing to travel 5-6 hours from Rapid City to join in a cook. I am good at taking direction, not scared of some work and can be somewhat flexable. I know we have a few comps here in the state and there is always the Sioux Falls Blues festival every year. Interested please PM me. I would like to get a team going or fill a spot on a team and hit a few comps in 2010. I am ready to get this moving. I look forward to spending more time here and getting to know you all.

BBQ-Panda - SouthDakotaBBQ
SouthDakotaBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthDakotaBBQ View Post
Hello all. I am new to the forum here but have been looking in for a month or so now. I have been Grillin, Chillin, Smokin and BBQin for well over 10 years. I recently became a "pellet popper" this last January but still keep my gasser and kettle around for big parties and nostalgia. I have been making my own sauce and rubs for around three years now. I love to brew beer and make Q any day I can, snow, rain, wind or shine. I donated the modest amount for membership as this seems to be a great place to take my game to the next level. I have found a few members here in the great BBQ void we call South Dakota. I will have to make an effort to get ahold of these members and trade some stories and info. I have been looking to start a team (seriously) for about a 6 months now. I found the this forum and thought great idea! I would love to get together with some "local" players and learn to burn and turn some great Q in comps. Where the confusion comes in is I don't see any forum posts here other than this main "instructions" post. What am I missing? Anyway I would love to become a Mentee and am willing to travel 5-6 hours from Rapid City to join in a cook. I am good at taking direction, not scared of some work and can be somewhat flexable. I know we have a few comps here in the state and there is always the Sioux Falls Blues festival every year. Interested please PM me. I would like to get a team going or fill a spot on a team and hit a few comps in 2010. I am ready to get this moving. I look forward to spending more time here and getting to know you all.

BBQ-Panda - SouthDakotaBBQ
On the bottom left of the screen is a dropdown list box that you need to change from "Last Day" to "Beginning" and you will see some posts.

Good luck!
Old 10-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
SouthDakotaBBQ

Thumbs up Gottcha

Thank You
Old 10-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
BBQ_Mayor
is One Chatty Farker

Welcome to the forum. If we are every cooking closer to ya, your more than welcome to come join in.
WSM, Whole Hog Lousianna pellet Smoker
IPT pellet Smoker and Gateway Drum
CBJ #4643
BBQ_Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
SouthDakotaBBQ

Thumbs up Sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ_Mayor View Post
Welcome to the forum. If we are every cooking closer to ya, your more than welcome to come join in.

Let me know when I can help. I am up for a bit of travel but would like to keep the trip to 3-4 days total if possible.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

There is the Honky Tonk BBQ in North Platte NE in May. State Championship and a couple of Brethren go each year. Drop me a PM if you want to join in this year. Divemaster will be there as well as myself.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
FatBoyz
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschutte View Post
There is the Honky Tonk BBQ in North Platte NE in May. State Championship and a couple of Brethren go each year. Drop me a PM if you want to join in this year. Divemaster will be there as well as myself.
im not invited fine ill go to my room now
Old 02-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Gerrit_Boys
Full Fledged Farker

If you're interested in getting into comp. BBQ there is a BBQ Judging class in Huron, SD on Saturday March 13th. I took a similar class before my first contest and I think it helped alot.
Gerrit_Boys is offline   Reply With Quote