Something new to smoke?

Av8er

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am looking for something new to smoke. I do ribs, butts, briskets and tri tips all the time but want something new to smoke for the weekend. What do you recommend?

I am looking for something new to smoke. I do ribs, butts, briskets and tri tips all the time but want something new to smoke for the weekend. What do you recommend?

If you like lamb then smoke a lamb shoulder. It's outstanding.

Pigtails smoke for 2ish hours, pan with sauce and cover cook till fall apart tender. They can be put in a brine as well. Messy as get go, great with beer, and sauerkraut. Think of them as a sweet, fatty, messy rib, with longer meat strands. Very popular in my part of Ontario, really wish Diva Q was around to toss in a tip or 2 she does them as well.

Cabbage with andouille
Bacon wrapped meatloaf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pork belly with the SKIN ON. Put a layer of salt on the skin so it doesn’t turn to rubber. Smoke for 5 hours and then 4 more in the oven. Take off the salt crust and let the skin get crispy. It’s lechon at its finest!!

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
Basically, anything that can be cooked in a oven can be cooked outside. Many of my favorite cooks happened when I picked up some marked down meat on my way home from work, and hit "Joy of Cooking" for how it's usually cooked, then did it on my Weber kettle.

Back