• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What are the rules for putting peppers in meat?

Donnielehmkuhl

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I am going to smoke a brisket this weekend to make some tacos. With homemade slaw, baked beans, mac n cheese yummm (getting off topic). I have an amazing dry rub that i like to use but to add some extra kick to the meat i want to add some chipotle peppers under the skin and inside the meat would this be a good idea is there any special rules to adding it ? Or should i go for broke, try it and see what happens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be careful. Those can add a lot of heat quick. While you may love it, it may be too much for kids if you go crazy. Let us know how it goes!

I am hoping it turns out good. I only want to do about 4 peppers for a 15lb brisket. I didn't know if smoking a smoked pepper might hurt the flavor is what i was most concerned about or combining two kinds of smoke flavors. If the kids don't like it they can starve right ? Or is that still frowned upon? jk jk i wouldn't let my kids starve.

I don't know how you would add under the skin of a brisket as it doesn't have any :) however I do know that placing chipotle in adobe from a can in a blender and then placing it inside slits and rubbing it all over that wonderful meat is a great thing.....

yeah that's what i meant by under the skin i was driving and posting stuff (do not attempt at home) but i like the idea of blending it i didnt even think about that !

Back