MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #61
TheBear
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYGBOYZ View Post
Thanks for all the farkin' comments. Wasn't sure how it would be received. Took a little while to create and think of.
PYGBOYZ
Your entry is over the top fantastic! Nicely done.
TheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 08-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #62
PYGBOYZ
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
You're kidding, right?
Farkin' eh!!! And I thought this was a serious thread
Old 08-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #63
PYGBOYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
Your entry is over the top fantastic! Nicely done.
Glad to see you are part of the Noobian Alliance Team. Can't Wait to see what you come up with from your Jerk Chicken
Old 08-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #64
campdude
Babbling Farker

Fantastic entry. Well thought out.
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #65
TheBear
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Glad to see you are part of the Noobian Alliance Team. Can't Wait to see what you come up with from your Jerk Chicken
I cooked it in the oven today. I'm going to go with Thailand for the throw down.
TheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #66
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:

There was a part of me that was thinking about entering this throwdown until I saw this.

It's a shame there's no cash prize 'cause this on deserves it.
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
NCGrimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #67
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

PYGBOYZ, that is an outstanding entry, just outstanding! Exceptional creativity and beautiful food!
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]

Last edited by Kathy's Smokin'; 08-10-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #68
porkingINpublic
is one Smokin' Farker

Default this is my entry

Wow... Not sure if I can compete with PYGBOYZ... but I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I did a cookout last weekend for my family. I did some peach bbq baked beans with a little olympic twist...

i also did some nice spares...comp style with a good sweet heat taste. turned out perfect and I figured I'd play on ur patriotic hearts with my entry.

The pic above is my official entry! thanks
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #69
PYGBOYZ

Default Good Looking Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkingINpublic View Post
Wow... Not sure if I can compete with PYGBOYZ... but I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I did a cookout last weekend for my family. I did some peach bbq baked beans with a little olympic twist...

i also did some nice spares...comp style with a good sweet heat taste. turned out perfect and I figured I'd play on ur patriotic hearts with my entry.

The pic above is my official entry! thanks
Great Looking Bones, I bet they tasted great!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #70
buccaneer
somebody shut me the fark up.

^^^ Farkin yum!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #71
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Yeah... Farkin YUM! For sure, but he can't spell for sheet...

It's SUPPOSED to be AUS, for Aussies!

Good grief, how hard is that to get right!
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #72
porkingINpublic
is one Smokin' Farker

It's that dang public school system over here....
Old 08-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #73
buccaneer

Spell?
I didn't see any letters, I don't see any letters?
Old 08-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #74
tarhog

Default Please accept this as my official entry in the Summer Olympics Throwdown

This is some tough competition but here goes. Sliced up many vegetables including onions, peppers, carrots, bamboo shoots, pears, mushrooms. and zuccinni. Completed with some nice flat iron steaks and some Korean Terriaki marinade.

Placed steaks in freezer for about 30 minutes and sliced thinly.

Steak strips marinated, stuck, and ready for the grill.

Korean beef steak strips on the grill.

Veggie skillet shot.

Plated.

Please use this as my entry photo.

Korean stir fry. Thanks for looking.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #75
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Default Not a TD entry.

I bought the ingredients for my "Jamaica" Olympic 2012 cook with great expectations and nostalgia. My father emigrated to Canada from Maroon Town, Jamaica, in the 1950s. I was hoping to do a wood fire cook like Grandma and make a special dinner in both Dad's and Grandma's memory. Grandma was well-known as a very good open fire breadfruit roaster. It was tough finding the time to do all that on an open fire so mid-week I thought if I used the kamado instead of a fire I'd be able to pull it off. Had a flaccid start on Wednesday but there were enough initial ingredients to try again. Got partially ready Thursday but that took too long -- actually, taking photos ate up a lot of time. Armed with some prep photos already in the can I tried again Friday but still couldn't get finished. Had to leave the house at 6:30 p.m. so decided to try finishing the cook with the kamado's residual heat. The curry chicken was half cooked when I popped the raw breadfruit whole into Dragona, closed up the vents and left. Got home at 1 am -- much later than I expected to. I discovered the residual heat in a closed up kamado is way too much for a pan of curry chicken pieces and is not enough to roast a whole breadfruit. The chicken is edible enough but the gravy burned to a crisp --luckily the volume of gravy insulated the meat from the pan. I was going to post it as a cook thread anyway, just not as an entry, but just saw the photos now, not many good pictures either. A disaster in many ways but I learned two things: the residual heat of a kamado can be too much or not enough to finish a cook depending on what's inside and if I can't be present for the cook, don't cook. I do still love the idea of doing this again in the future over an open fire when I have the whole day for it. Here's a few pics.....

Below is the pre-soaked, pre-cooked Congo peas (pidgeon peas) ready to go into rice and peas.

Lots of onions on the bottom to melt down into gravy, wasn't sure how it would turn out on a smoker because it needs continuous stirring/folding over to be able to do that. This is what I put into the kamado, closed the vents and left for my group meeting.

This is how it looked when I got home. The onions did not melt into a gravy and luckily kept the chicken off the pan so they burned much worse than the chicken thighs. Everything below the chicken is solidly stuck and charred to the pan. I think an extremely large amount of water could have helped but I didn't imagine that at the time.

Breadfruit not even close to cooked half way.

The second time's a charm! Thanks for watching.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote