BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 5...

walnut wheat bread

"butter, honey, and walnuts are the heart and soul of this 100 percent whole-wheat bread."

wwbp-023.jpg

wwbp-053.jpg

wwbp-087.jpg

blueberry pastry

i'm sorry, but i have to enter twice this week :biggrin:

wwbp-050.jpg

wwbp-092.jpg

wwbp-071.jpg

Here is my entry for "Breads":

"Banana Pecan Monkey Bread"
I baked this recipe in my FEC750. Temp. is 350*F for 45 minutes. The pieces of bread dough coated with sugar, cinnamon, and banana cream pudding mix. Pecans were added to the bottom of the bundt pan and small pieces of dough were layered until the pan was full. I sprinkled the sugar/cinnamon/banana mixture in between each layer. Before putting it in the FEC I poured a butter/brown sugar glaze to cover. When I removed the pan from I let it rest for 10 minutes or so and turned it out onto a tray. I glazed it with brown sugar, pecans, and melted butter.
bread003aw1.jpg

I wish I could enter two, but I can't, have to work tommorrow. If so. I would make something else.

Not trying to spoil GREAT pron, just in the spirit of comp. 1 is enough. Multiple threads of praise should satisfy the cook.

Out of all of these throwdowns I have managed 1 vote. Though I have spent hundreds in the making of these dishes, I have enjoyed even competing in the comp's. I have even upgraded cameras, though not needed here, I did need it.

In the spirit of everything going, I will accept whatever. I am just proud to be a member of a place where Real people that enjoy Real food gather, speak, share, and show their experience's.

Just one man's opinion, not against the majority, but willing to share his thought.

PS Rick.. thats 3 entries..lol

All of them superb!!

Are you ready for a "Pron Throwdown"...?
This weeks challenge is..."Breads"...:razz:

Here are the rules...(in case you forgot)...

1) It has to be "Breads"...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Monday-Sunday)
4) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
5) 3 pics per entry please...

The voting will begin on Monday evening after 7:00 PM...or whenever I (or anyone else) get around to posting the "vote" thread!

Good Luck...and have fun! :biggrin:

Week 1..."Beef"...
Week 2..."Pork"...
Week 3..."Chicken"...
Week 4..."Seafood"...
Week 5..."Breads"...
Week 6..."Desserts"...
Week 7..."Veggies"...

it does not say i can't enter twice... or even three times! heheh :twisted:

cowinblanket-013.jpg

cowinblanket-010.jpg

cowinblanket-015.jpg

EDIT. Your are right again. Nicely played. Something I might have done.

Hopefully my slice might get a vote. Besides that Its either your blueberry number or RCS's.

i said the toast wasn't my entry :icon_blush:

You are correct.

I could have sworn the Nathan's dogs were in this thread. True pron.

Other than that my statements remain the same.

Right on to EVERY brother on this site, from the young Farkers to the old Farkers.

Just hate I have to go back to some shirtbull tommorrow...

I guess you're right, Rick... I somehow implied to myself that it meant one per person. Damn.. Wish it was Friday again! I'd be taking a lot more photos! :redface:

I just took some new shots, but I'm too tired to process... I'll have them up tomorrow.

What in the Hell is going on. Im going to take pictures of some biscuits next to my three different rib smoke I did today if thats alright.

Smoked Benjamins

Threw some Dough on the egg. :biggrin:
IMG_3322.jpg

Back