MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
NutBush Smoker
Found some matches.

Default First Fattie w/ PRON

I have been telling all my friends about the Fattie and today I finally made one. I used 1lb Turkey Burger, 1lb Hot and Spicy Pork Sausage, 1lb Bacon for Wrap. Inside was Pepperoni, Marinara and Cheese.

I mixed the Burger and Sausage with some BooYeah powder, (ground super chilies and Thai Peppers) 6 cloves garlic Black Pepper and Cumin. The bacon weave could have been better but it was my first try.

After everything was made it went on the grill for about 2 1/2 hrs until I had a internal temp around 190. I would have used my smoker but it at my parents place. Either way it tasted great the wife liked it and I will be doing it again.

Here are the link to the Pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeremype...eat=directlink

Feel Free to leave me some comments.

NutBush Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Big_AL
Full Fledged Farker

Whoa! That rub sounds really hot...and tasty!!

Was it extremely spicy?
Big_AL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
NutBush Smoker
Found some matches.

Not really. I have learned to use the BooYeah with caution. Just a couple shakes will do ya.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
iamthewreckingcrew
Knows what a fatty is.

Looks good to me. I just did my first fatty today too. Would have spiced it up more, but I had guests. :)

Old 05-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
Big_AL
Full Fledged Farker

I may have to try that BooyYeah powder. Is it something you make/came up with? If so, what is a 'super chili"?
Big_AL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
NutBush Smoker
Found some matches.

There like a chili red only smaller. I grow them in my garden then dry them and grind them up. I suggest an old blender or coffee grinder. Just don't use the wife's cause hot pepper coffee is not pleasant. :) The Thai peppers I get from my father in-law. He gas a couple plants. They are by far the hottest pepper I have tried.

Thanks from:--->