Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Sam's Regional, Chesapeake, VA

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
September 6th and 7th - Here's the KCBS list - who's in / out?

1. DEEP SOUTH BBQ
  2. TEAR-A-BYTE BBQ
  3. THE SMOKEHOUSE MAFIA
  4. SMOKE THIS
  5. GROG N HOGS
  6. TWO OLD MEN AND A GRILL
  7. GOVERNMENT PORK
  8. QUENIVOROUS
  9. GETTA QUE
  10. SPITTIN' FEATHERS BBQ
  11. BRUTUS AND COMPANY
  12. LITTLE BIT OF R AND R
  13. FEEDING FRIENDZ
  14. INSANE SWINE BBQ
  15. FIRE & SPICE
  16. THE BASIC BBQ TEAM
  17. ZBQ
  18. GOTHAM CITY GRILLERS
  19. THE BBQ GURU
  20. APORKALYPSE NOW
  21. JOKERS AND SMOKERS
  22. HAWG NATION BBQ
  23. HAMBONES BY THE FIRE
  24. BADLANDS BBQ
  25. _______________, Richmond, VA
  26. _______________, Richmond, VA
  27. _______________, Richmond, VA
  28. _______________, Richmond, VA
  29. _______________, Richmond, VA
  30. _______________, Richmond, VA

These are all teams that will not be beating me at Recovery Fest the same day :) thanks guys and good luck

What happens when a team hits the top 6 in multiple Local qualifiers? Do they shorten the field in Chesapeake or move down the list to the next highest qualifier at the local? There are a couple of teams competing at Richmond that have already set a spot according to Mike's list. Just wondering.

Hambones by the Fire is in.

Since Grog n Hogs and Hambones already qualified we can't qualify again. So if either of us places in top six it moves down the same as if we opted out of Chesapeake in this contest.

Hambones by the Fire is in.

Since Grog n Hogs and Hambones already qualified we can't qualify again. So if either of us places in top six it moves down the same as if we opted out of Chesapeake in this contest.

See you in Richmond Rick! Just got my brisket in the mail, feels like Xmas morning every time!

Lang bbq smokers made it in somehow.just got the email yesterday.evidently one team from lexington chose to pass.

Jokers and Smokers is in. Booked a room at the Hampton Inn next door, so looking forward to having a bed and a hot shower Friday night for once.

What happens when a team hits the top 6 in multiple Local qualifiers? Do they shorten the field in Chesapeake or move down the list to the next highest qualifier at the local? There are a couple of teams competing at Richmond that have already set a spot according to Mike's list. Just wondering.

I am kind of surprised they would let a team that's qualified for the regional compete in a local again vs. someone on the wait list, but I guess that is within the rules. (You can't be on the wait list for more than 2 contests, and if you get in to one contest you are automatically dropped from the other wait list - but if you aren't on the wait list you can register for multiple locals? Odd.)

Would think they just take the next highest finisher that hasn't qualified, if someone qualifies more than once.

At any rate, ZBQ is in for Chesapeake.

I am not going to be competing as I am relatively new to bbq but I plan on walking through and talking to folks to see what it takes to compete etc.

Look for the short fat filpino guy in my icon to be walking around (without the Gangnam style costume on)

Hello everyone my name is Matt Goolsby. I am currently stationed in Norfolk, VA but live in Chesapeake about 6 miles from Sam's Club parking lot. My experience is zero in terms of competition BBQ as i purchased my wsm about 5 months ago and fell in love with the BBQ atmosphere and cook for the wife and I on weekends. Not sure how this will go over, but worth a shot. I was wondering if anyone wanted a helping hand or something the day of the competition. Just thought this would be an awesome experience for a new BBQer to learn a thing or two. Good luck all.

Back