"Fast Food!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through July 13th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Fast Food!"

6rRGNil.jpg

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Pick any fast food restaurant food item, and make your own home made version! The fast food item can be from a chain, or even a local favorite.

You MUST include a picture of the original fast food item in your entry and/or cook thread. The original can be a photo you've taken, from an advertisement etc.

Standard Throwdown rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/26 through Monday 7/13.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 7/13.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
***Moderator's Note***

I think this is a perfect category to clarify one of the Throwdown rules, especially as it relates to this particular Throwdown.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Notice it does not say entries must be comprised of ALL smoked or grilled ingredients.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This is a relatively open category, with no defined rule prohibiting sides and such that might not have been grilled or smoked. That can include fries, onion rings, slaws, etc. As long as the main protein or entree has been grilled or smoked, it's pretty broad.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hope this helps clarify in case anyone is wondering.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

***Folks, please pay attention to this part of the category description:****

You MUST include a picture of the original fast food item in your entry and/or cook thread. The original can be a photo you've taken, from an advertisement etc.

If you fail to include this photo, your entry will NOT be included in the voting poll. PLEASE, take the time to read the category description of a Throwdown BEFORE you enter it. That is all.

Completely missed that. Since I could not edit my original post (the cook thread), I added the inspiration image as a reply.

My entry to the fast food throwdown. Fatburger XXXL burger with a side Jack In The Box Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger :-D

Cook thread: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283092

Please accept the below pic as my official entry. My version

jm93E6hh.jpg

Fatburger verision

BelxGZgh.jpg

W8KlLpxh.jpg

Jack In The Box version

Cx5VBqch.png

My version

0hOCln4h.jpg

Last edited:
I may have to deduct points for the cheese not being upside down :becky:

:laugh::thumb:

Pay close attention to the very bottom patty. :becky::becky: And I tried to load it up with shredded lettuce and somehow lettuce just ran away. :noidea:

Back