Pics of my first pulled pork

B

beertender55

Here are some pics of my very first pulled pork and it came out great

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Terrific! I just did my first one this weekend! What are those bear claw things called? I just put on a pair of rubber gloves and pulled it by hand. Cheers!

Terrific! I just did my first one this weekend! What are those bear claw things called? I just put on a pair of rubber gloves and pulled it by hand. Cheers!

Bear Paws! I have a pair and actually used them tonight. They're not as great for shredding as you'd think, at least I don't think they're any better than using a big fork. They're pretty awesome for pulled meat off the cooker or transfering it from a pan to or a cutting board, etc. They're handy, but not essential, get them if you have everything else you need. Just my $0.02.

http://www.barbecue-store.com/Bear-Paws_p_63.html

Bear paws are good for picking up meat and moving it around..I didnt use them for shredding and to be honest, i couldnt pick up the shoulder when it was done either, it was just falling apart....

Looks good man, I wish my first attempt at pulled pork had turned out that good, it resembled bad cat food:redface:. Keep it up, like someone said, it will only get better as you figure what you like.

Tasted very good, Mild smoke flavor. Wasnt overpowering, might actually add a bit more wood next time as i didnt wanna over do it. Or maybe i wont screw with it at all cause, wife, mom, and cousin all loved it. Made a vinger/tomate based sauce to go with it. Drizzled it on the sandwhich, added a nice bit of bite. taking a few to work today to share with a co-worker or 2.

That's a good lookin' butt right there.

What kind of wood did you end up using?

I used 6 chuncks of hickory with maybe 2 handfuls of apple thru the charcoal. I sprayed it every hour with apple juice and wrapped in foil after 5hours or so(when the temp hit 170) spraying it down heavily with apple juice, even pouring a small amount into foil. Took it out at 190 and wrapped in blanket then put it in a cooler for a hour.Im very happy with how this turned out.

Back