Fresh green beans idea's?

NOHENS

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Fellers...im looking for a idea on fresh green beans on the grill? Foil bag....just grilled....any ideas will be much appreciated! To break or not to break?

greenbeans
kosher salt
fresh minced garlic
bacon bits
butter or olive oil
black or white pepper

good to go!

I cut them in half and bundle 5 or 6 together. Wrap in a piece of bacon. Little garlic and worcestershire and/or soy sauce and grill till the bacon is done.

I've never done them like this, so have no idea if it would be a good flavor mix. But how about stuffed green peppers (or any large sweet pepper) with a stuffing that incorporates the green beans with some form of smoked meat, rice, garlic, onions, cheese, pasta, etc.

I cut up about 1/2 onion per 2 servings of green beans, coat w/oil and add minced garlic. Grill them up until nicely done, put them in a bowl, add cracked pepper and sea salt and finish with a nice thick balsamic (or a slight reduction of cheaper balsamic). This is my version of a similar side from Jack Stack in KC.

Never done it on the grill, but my wife makes some mean green beans on the stove. Basically she sautes them with a TON of butter and some minced garlic for a really long time, I wanna say like almost an hour, until they start to caramelize. Man I could eat a whole pan full of them by myself, and I hate green beans!

I would think you could do the same thing on the grill, maybe start off in foil until they get nice and done, then finish off directly on the grill? Or a cast iron pan on the grill?

Back