• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mid Mo contest dates?

Irrad8

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been brought up. I am trying to put together my 2009 Comp schedule. I checked KCBS website and don't see a few contests on there yet. Has anyone heard of dates for the following?

Sedalia:

BIA(Brain Injury Assoc):

Paws and Claws:

Thanks.

Brian:
We heard today that Roots and Blues is on, and will be Sept 25th & 26th....which is the same weekend as Hermann.

Beta Beta Que will have a contest in Oct., but do not know who the benefactor will be.

Sedalia's weekend will be 6/19 & 20, spoke to Chris today.......that is the same weekend as the 1st year contest at Mexico, I believe.

Hope that answers some of the questions!

Brian:
We heard today that Roots and Blues is on, and will be Sept 25th & 26th....which is the same weekend as Hermann.

Beta Beta Que will have a contest in Oct., but do not know who the benefactor will be.

Sedalia's weekend will be 6/19 & 20, spoke to Chris today.......that is the same weekend as the 1st year contest at Mexico, I believe.

Hope that answers some of the questions!
that is shapping up to be a busy weekend.
The Wildwood, Mo (unsanctioned) is that weekend and so is Murphysboro, Ill.

Also the same Saturday as Hallsville Heritage Days.....A LOT of us mid Mo cooks got our feet wet at this non sanctioned contest. If the usual 4-6 teams from here that have supported this event cook it this year, I'm thinking the Mexico contest might be a good one to try and steal.....he just needs 15 teams for a qualifier
Then again, this weekend may hurt the Hallsville contest, except for the backyard guys, if the comp cooks head east and west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam boys bbq
:grin:washington mo apr 17-18:grin:

ohhh you are eastern missouri like me... Hazelwood, Mo april 24-25 :shock::wink:

Hey York,

We were seriously considering coming down to your neck of the woods to Washington.

Then we looked at the fact that they are making you cook peoples choice which is bad enough, but then the awards are not until 5-6 PM. (I have to work on Sunday)

With those things thrown in there we think Fulton is going to be our first one.

Clint
Muddy River Boys

we are doing the people choice because we want the town to get involved in the bbq contest so we give you the meat and we give you the person to serve it and all we are asking you to do is cook it

i guess i just don't see what is the big deal you all ready cooking you just are cooking an nother butt you pick the best one for the judges and give the people the other one and we pay for the extra meat :cool:

we have two cookers on the board of directors and we are thingking from an cooks view

the awards will more than likely be moved up but we didn't want to be like herman tell you one thing and have you seating around guessing what time we will be ready

so i will bring this up in our next meeting that you want the awards moved up

york

It is goign to be a coin flip between JC and yours. Unless you want to put up a bottle of Jim as a welcome to the contest gift, then that coin might get two sided (wink wink).

York,

I am not saying that it is a big deal about the peoples choice. It is just that with the cooker that I use it makes a big difference in temp and time even if i add just one more butt. I fully understand wanting to get the people out to the event.

The verbage of the entry form is all I had to go on. I am looking at it and saying WOW??? I HAVE to cook peoples choice and the awards are not until 5 PM. Without talking to you that is what I had to go on. I certainly am not saying that you guys are not going to put on a quality contest.

Clint

we have been in this for two years and trying to get it all right and blaablaa

i just needed an sholder to lean on :rolleyes:

the down town people are clueless when it come to us the cookers and what we go threw

they want this and they want that

want want want

if you have ever been on the making an contest side it is an pain in the a**

OK

that is off my chest

york

Cool,

I understand completely. I certainly was in no way trying to place blame or be rude. I was just kinda bummed because I thought it would be a good contest for us cut our teeth on this year. But like I said, after looking at it I am just not sure it would work for us this year. Not to say that we would not take another look next year.

we have been in this for two years and trying to get it all right and blaablaa

i just needed an sholder to lean on :rolleyes:

the down town people are clueless when it come to us the cookers and what we go threw

they want this and they want that

want want want

if you have ever been on the making an contest side it is an pain in the a**

OK

that is off my chest

york

I can also atest to what he is saying. Everyone has their hand out even those that shouldn't.

Back