Butt's & Breast On Da Plat

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Cooked a couple of 8 lb butts Monday afternoon (for someone else) and added about 10 breasticles for the freezer. We love to keep breast meat on hand for all kinds of quick week night suppers, but this time I did something a little different with 3 or 4 of em and that was to cover em in foil with some broth added and continue cooking them till I could pull em and add some Head Country to em before foodsavering. We haven’t had a meal out of any of it yet but they tasted real good. I take the skin off and discard and take the meat off the bones and slice thin before foodsavering it. I never tried to see how a butt looked / tasted when they are cooked to 185 and wanted to try that and also see how hard it was to get some slices off of it. I got some pretty good slices but thought it would have still sliced good if it would have been cooked a little longer. I was amazed at how good this “less than falling apart” butt was though – the slices looked dry but tasted great. It sure is nice having a big ole cooker around, especially if it’s a Stump’s. I know a lot of us that has cooked on a Stump’s Smoker and owns them rave about em, but I don’t believe they get the amount of praise they should get. While the Stumps was rocking along with the chicken and butts I fixed us some suppa out of some Ragin Cajun spicy sausage, oscar myer wieners, and fresh ground chuck for burgers and dogs (that Hot flavor on the sausage is so spicy some wouldn’t eat em but I love em like that).

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

All of the major meat groups in one pron post. Awesome job. Looks fantastic. The chicken looks really good.

Awesoem looking grub. I will take a burger with a few slices of sausage on the side.....

Now that is the Atkin's special "Que" menu. I am in.

Last edited:
We like to do that with the breasts for the next week too. One day during the weekend, I will just cook them up before or after whatever else we are cooking. Makes it simple.

The food looks great!

Looks good to me. I'll keep it light and take 2 burgers and a dog.

Back