MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #46
LittleHill Smoke
On the road to being a farker

Default Texas Test Kitchen Brisket

Looks really good brother..

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #47
jmoney7269
Banned

Man Austinknight, that guy looks like he could put some pop knots on someone. Better keep feeding him well, don't want that one mad at you. I have a best friend I have been bbqing with for a long time. He's where I learned alot of my chicken secrets from. Sometimes he cooks and sometimes I cook at the house. But he's definitely one that will stand up and say "what the ---- man!" to someone if they get out of line. Good to have a friend around like that. The funny thing is that "the belligerent" went whining to my buddy 1 site across and was like "dude you need to tell your buddy to calm down, I was just tryin to help, I'm just here to have fun." Jason said "he dont need no help, you'll see. I'd get pissed if someone came over to my camp and started shiggin also"
I will take one awesome great friend any day of the week over a bunch of decent ones. Smoke on brotha! Maybe one day we can meet up at a cookoff. They got a big lonestar sanctioned coming up in Lagrange mar 8-9
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #48
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
Man Austinknight, that guy looks like he could put some pop knots on someone. Better keep feeding him well, don't want that one mad at you. I have a best friend I have been bbqing with for a long time. He's where I learned alot of my chicken secrets from. Sometimes he cooks and sometimes I cook at the house. But he's definitely one that will stand up and say "what the ---- man!" to someone if they get out of line. Good to have a friend around like that. The funny thing is that "the belligerent" went whining to my buddy 1 site across and was like "dude you need to tell your buddy to calm down, I was just tryin to help, I'm just here to have fun." Jason said "he dont need no help, you'll see. I'd get pissed if someone came over to my camp and started shiggin also"
I will take one awesome great friend any day of the week over a bunch of decent ones. Smoke on brotha! Maybe one day we can meet up at a cookoff. They got a big lonestar sanctioned coming up in Lagrange mar 8-9
He eats well around me cool that old boy across the way told him you didn't need any help I know he felt out of place like a mother after hearing that. I do have a few awesome friends that I've know most my life, people on Facebook ask me you still hang out with I say ya why wouldn't I
Are you competing at the Lagrange comp I prob wont compete but would like to come check it out? It's not that far from me I like the lonestar organized events.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #49
JandJbuidasmoker
Full Fledged Farker

That looks amazing! How long did you cook it for and what temp?
JandJbuidasmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #50
jmoney7269
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinKnight View Post
He eats well around me cool that old boy across the way told him you didn't need any help I know he felt out of place like a mother after hearing that. I do have a few awesome friends that I've know most my life, people on Facebook ask me you still hang out with I say ya why wouldn't I
Are you competing at the Lagrange comp I prob wont compete but would like to come check it out? It's not that far from me I like the lonestar organized events.
Yeah after my buddy told him what the real deal was, the belligerent went back to his camp all butt hurt and did the worst thing you could possibly do to someone. He filled his whole firebox up with wood got it going an closed off all the vents. Never seen so much smoke my entire life. Didn't bother me one bit, just went inside the fleetwood an finished all of my prep. Finally after so many people complained of this guys behavior, the promoter came over and told him what's really up. A first and final warning of his behavior. Once he was over at the guys site he said "man who taught you how to build a fire? I thought you were a champion that cooks in Houston?" he winked at me then told him
To open up the vents and cook right or he can pack his stuff up this very instant and leave. ooooh yeah! Anyways lol
Yeah we are signed up already. My wife and I are doin the 3 meats + 3 jackpot entries. It's funny when we see people scrambling for turn in compared to someone that practices and knows their checklist. We have done as many as 8 turn ins on one day. Heathers a slave driver! I be da slave! Come on down we can crack a few beers, bring the bruiser too if you like. I'm not much company during the cooking process, but after 4 the leftovers in the Cambro are up for grabbs and it's party time!
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #51
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandJbuidasmoker View Post
That looks amazing! How long did you cook it for and what temp?
THx brotha, 350 no lower then 300 it cooked in 3 hours and 30 min I held it in a cambro wrapped in butcher paper for 5 hours lol I know it's hard to read with all this meat in your face but the whole process is worded on the first page brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
Yeah after my buddy told him what the real deal was, the belligerent went back to his camp all butt hurt and did the worst thing you could possibly do to someone. He filled his whole firebox up with wood got it going an closed off all the vents. Never seen so much smoke my entire life. Didn't bother me one bit, just went inside the fleetwood an finished all of my prep. Finally after so many people complained of this guys behavior, the promoter came over and told him what's really up. A first and final warning of his behavior. Once he was over at the guys site he said "man who taught you how to build a fire? I thought you were a champion that cooks in Houston?" he winked at me then told him
To open up the vents and cook right or he can pack his stuff up this very instant and leave. ooooh yeah! Anyways lol
Yeah we are signed up already. My wife and I are doin the 3 meats + 3 jackpot entries. It's funny when we see people scrambling for turn in compared to someone that practices and knows their checklist. We have done as many as 8 turn ins on one day. Heathers a slave driver! I be da slave! Come on down we can crack a few beers, bring the bruiser too if you like. I'm not much company during the cooking process, but after 4 the leftovers in the Cambro are up for grabbs and it's party time!

Y'all sound like good folks brotha I'll see what I can do I already know about the day of the comp, I'm about business when money is in place as I believe you are to. I can easily sit back and keep the king of beers cold and not shig a dam thing. I've got something in the works right now and I don't want to jinx it, it would determine if I can go or not I'll let you know later this month about going and what I'm referring to, hell I'll share it with the whole site if it happens

Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #52
Robert Yuras
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Well, I'm with you...I don't need no stinkin "smoke ring". I personally don't like a brisket that's been smoked for much longer than 3-4 hours.

I still can't figure out why people cook briskets for 20 hours, or something rediculous. I do mine in 5-6 hours..I got other stuff to do.
Robert Yuras is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #53
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yuras View Post
Well, I'm with you...I don't need no stinkin "smoke ring". I personally don't like a brisket that's been smoked for much longer than 3-4 hours.

I still can't figure out why people cook briskets for 20 hours, or something rediculous. I do mine in 5-6 hours..I got other stuff to do.
My women already secretly hates that I bbq every weekend it wasn't bad when she worked them, no she's not a striper she would leave me if I did it for 20h.