Stuffed Pork Chops

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was trying to figure what to make for dinner. I had three thick cut pork chops but wanted to try something different. I decided to stuff them and then grill them.

So... I made a brine with water, salt, soy sauce, brown sugar and some natural apricot preserves that I received in a past sauce trade. I brines the chops for two hours. Then I took some leftover maple fatty and chopped it and added some chopped onion and chopped apple and sauted them until the onion was translucent. Then I added two tablespoon of apricot preserves and a little bit of the brine liquid and brought it to a boil and reduced it until the liquid was almost gone. Then I cooled it. In the mean time I cut a slit in one end of each chop and used the knife to open up a pocket. I stuffed each chop with the cooled stuffing and closed the opening with a couple of toothpicks. Then I brushed the chops with olive oil and coated them with some Cruz Bay Grill Rub from St. John Spice and grilled the chops.

I made a glaze with 1/4 cup of the apricot preserves, some of the brine liquid and a tablespoon of orange juice with a dash of Cruz Bay Grill Rub. I brought this to a boil and reduced it until it was slightly thickened.

I served them with hash browns with onions, red, yellow and orange bell peppers and a green salad.

IMGP0500.jpg

IMGP0501.jpg

And ive pm you my mailing address for the left overs.
I would like the leftovers overnited to me.
Thank you in advance for the awesome looking eats RonL.

Mike

Man them look good I got lazy today and ate taco bell

Looks great and super moist. I truly love pork.

Looks great Ron

I got some 1" thick Costco chops that might just get this treatment.

I think the hardest ingredient to find, might be the "leftover" maple fatty

I never heard such a thing

And ive pm you my mailing address for the left overs.
I would like the leftovers overnited to me.
Thank you in advance for the awesome looking eats RonL.

Mike

Sorry to disappoint you Mike. My daughter came home from work a bit ago and the last chop is history!

Bill... Leftover fatty is a rare thing here, too. I usually cook extra so can have csome during the week for breakfast.

Those Look Great Brother !! Nice Grill Marks too......Thanks for the pron!!

Back