MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 02-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #76
Subzerogriller
Full Fledged Farker

Some great cooks going on here. I'm almost (aaaalllllllllllmost) afraid to toss my entry into the ring, especially since there were a few hitches in my process. Great work to all of you so far!
[COLOR=Blue][B]Proud to be supporting our troops: Limited Edition Supahfast Thermapen with US Flag[/B][/COLOR]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Joined my first TD, and dove headfirst into the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero's Club.[/URL]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]Come [/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]to the Dark Side![/COLOR] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][SIZE=2]Join a Throwdown![/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Subzerogriller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #77
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Great entries All! I'm hoping to slide one in here directly. ;D
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #78
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Not an entry

I must hang my head in shame and admit to being defeated by the elements.

My inspiration for this nonentry was John Prine.

I love the story and every time I though about this TD I came back The Happy Enchilada

They still turned out pretty good but I had to resort to the indoor appliances Oh Well you win some you lose some.

[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #79
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Yum Ric... Those look fantastic! Please tell us more, even if you aren't going to enter.
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #80
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

Love John Prine...............
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #81
caseydog

Default This here is my official entry...

Here is my musical motivation. The Reverend Horton Heat.

And here is my entry. Guess what it is.

Ribeye steak with k-salt and fresh black pepper.

Cooked hot and fast on the WSJ. No reverse sear needed.

And here is the game-winning fork shot of the ribeye...

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #82
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
Yum Ric... Those look fantastic! Please tell us more, even if you aren't going to enter.
Well see this lady thought he was singing "Happy Enchilada" when he was really singing "It's half an inch of water". He really tells the story better than I do.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #83
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Great story of your childhood Kathy !!!

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #84
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Default Official Musical TD entry.

My inspiration for my entry happened in 1985 at the Kabuki Nightclub in San Francisco. My buddy Lex and I went to see Metallica, Death Angel and Armored Saint the show itself was amazing, I used to love the small venues. Lex had gone to high school with bassist Cliff Burton so we had planned on either getting on stage or backstage. We decided just to try and get backstage which we did, while trying to find our way we came across a large room with and awesome spread, lots of food, drink and groupies (chicks) but it was Armored Saints room so we thought FARK!! if they are that decked out whats the headliners spread gonna look like. We finally found our way to a room with 1 table (empty) and a couple of tubs filled with St Pauli Girl probably 20 people tops including the band and Cliff Burton's mom was even there which I thought was cool, she was very conservative and out of place would be an understatement. I was starstruck but Lex was right at home Chatting it up with Cliff and his Mom. The rest of the band was totally cool, very laid back and down to earth easy to talk to. It was kind of a sausage fest though, not may chicks and lots of dudes so I figured I would hang a couple of chicks today to pay tribute to that night and to make up for the chick shortage.

My Heavy Metal tribute begins with the fabrication of WSM hanging adapter 2.0.

The chicks were split up according to size and rubbed down with Oakridge BBQ Secret weapon pork and chicken, love that stuff.

Preheated the WSM to 300 and waited for sweet blue before hanging the chicks.

Rock solid 300* for 2 hours.

Pulled them @ about 162 in the breast the leg and thigh were in the 170 range.

Here it is plated and the one constant between then and now is a St. Pauli Girl.

Thanks for looking and if anybody is wondering, Yes they were real and they were SPECTACULAR!! :THUMB:

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Last edited by Will work for bbq; 02-10-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #85
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

Mighty Fine Entries you Guys!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #86
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will work for bbq View Post

Yes they were real and they were SPECTACULAR!! :THUMB:
Yes they are.......................
Kitchen stove
Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #87
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Well, I'm completely confused. I thought the category was Musical food? My inspiration for this is Louis Armstrong, mainly because drums look kind of boring. I mean, what does it take to make a drum? With the balmy weather we've been having, I couldn't select a more appropriate song.

So, I needed some background material. Asparagus is always good for inspiration. Unfortunately, it could also be the starting point for drums, and I didn't want to go there.

These are grilled with smoked garlic and olive oil. I then began the serious fabrication. This is about halfway through the cook, before I added the maple syrup to give it a sheen.

Just needed to affix the hardware.

and finally, we can try to make some music.

Confession: Try as I might, I couldn't get anything musical from the trumpet. As back-up, I grilled Brussel sprouts and there is nothing more musical than those.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #88
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Dat's it............. E=MC2 doesn't even compare...........No Farkin way...........Da man has entered the room.
Kitchen stove
Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #89
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cack View Post
And for the money shot ...

This plate and fixin's can kick my azz anytime. I loved hearing more of your Eric Church story, I remember your post last year and voting for your video. Steak marinated in alcohol is a beautiful thing to eat.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #90
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoBurn96 View Post
Please use the last photo for the TD pic.
Those sloppy Joe's look fantastic. I think I only had them once or twice as a kid, maybe at the school cafeteria one of the times I forgot my lunch. Too bad they didn't look as good as yours because I would have remembered that!
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote