MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
Oldtimer
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Sausage Making

Anybody inetrested in a seperate area for sauasage making ? Just Assing ?
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2003, 10:30 AM   #2
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

You mean forum or recipe section. Just Assing

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2003, 10:38 AM   #3
Oldtimer
is one Smokin' Farker

Forum Just Asswering maybe a dead horse or another Golden Screw ? LMAO

Old 10-16-2003, 10:49 AM   #4
Mark

Name/Nickname : Mark

for whatever its worth, theae are some good sausage making/recipe books in electronic format that probably need their own food section since so many variety of meats can be used. If there is any interest, make a sausage group under recipes and I will upload some of these to get things started..

Mark (STL)

A thin line separates paranoia from an acute understanding of reality.
Mark is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2003, 11:03 AM   #5
Oldtimer
is one Smokin' Farker

Sounds good to me, will need Phil's help creating as I don't want to fark anything up. Found some good buys yesterday on Ebay for grinders and stuffers.

Old 10-16-2003, 05:17 PM   #6
parrothead

Iwould be interested in a sausage area, as it is nearing winter and sausage making time. However if we asked nicely, I'll bet phil would let us use q'talk

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2003, 07:23 PM   #7
Oldtimer
is one Smokin' Farker

We don't have to ask I was thinking that if(?) there was enough interest it might be a head line. It ain't Q but it is pork fat, but it could be Q or it could be bull****. Just talking outloud....Besides we have a janitor now, which is a good idea. IMO

Old 10-16-2003, 07:41 PM   #8
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

How do you want it?? You want a forum and receipe section? I think its specialized enough to have its own forum. Tell me how ya want to do it. We recently had a member who was expecting Bandera only stuff from us, and we never put the bandera only forum up either.. oops.. so you tell me how ya want it and I'll put it up, or Brian can just do it and then we try to figure out what he did... and while we're at it.. any other stuff anyone needs.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2003, 08:22 PM   #9
BBQchef33

i created a place the recipe section. Need a picture of a sausage.. its a pig for now. You want a forum too. ??

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 10-16-2003, 08:26 PM   #10
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brd1958
Just stuff it up a pork intestine. trying to draw some interest not step on a toe so f*a*r*k it.
i aint even gonna ask what this means.

Recipe section is done. I'll put a forum up too.. or just use qtalk, its up to you. We use qtalk for dutch oven, so sausage could fit also. Which ya want??.. its your baby... i find it to much work to make my own sauisage when i got an italian deli and a german deli right nearby.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 10-16-2003, 10:38 PM   #11
parrothead

Quote:
We use qtalk for dutch oven, so sausage could fit also.
How about makin it cookin talk? Deep fryin, dutch oven, BBQ, Grillin, boils, sausage, you name it, foods the name of the game!

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2003, 09:27 AM   #12
ricksegers
Full Fledged Farker

Default Parrothead's idea is a good one

Make it cooking talk and we can touch on any cooking related subject. Maybe create a Banderaonly board for talk about the picadillos of the bandera.

Rick
ricksegers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2003, 12:36 PM   #13
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

My diatribe.

Don't add any additional weight to this because of my helping with some housecleaning dutues here, just an IMO.

Bandera Brethren is evolving into BBQ Brethren.

We are now heading into the winter. I am watching the same pattern as a year ago unfold in front of my eyes.

Winter comes, a little harder for us northern Q'ers, but comes none the less. We start switching up, cuz its frigging 5 degrees out there. Sure we will Q once in a while, but nothing like July. So we crack out the turkey fryer. We crack out the Dutch oven.

Hunting seasons open up, and sausage season rolls around. Chili's, stews, crockpots, are in order. We'll even try and simulate a Q, in an oven or crockpot, just to hold us over a few more weeks.

Running out to the grill (in slippers), tying cushions to the beast when you just can't take it, building wind shields around your WSM. Anything to get a Q in as best you can.

So now we start getting into a part of the year when the majority is indoor cooking. We all got different oven glazes and wing recipes for fellow brothers to try. And we got plenty of idle chatter.

Idle chatter. Al gets a load of snow, one misspelling and the snot storm is born. We talk, and we talk. We're not Q'ing, sometimes not even cooking, just sitting waiting for the snow to melt. Others get upset that we are going off topic. But there is no topic. 3/4 of the country are in "limited" Q ability for a few months.

So we leave. We set up our own place. Off topic winter chatter is encouraged. Friendships develop. The snow melts. The Q related chatter explodes. We get too big for the limited resources at hand.

We go off on our own again, designing the site with the intention of what brought us together. Q. It's all about the Q. So we set up a place for off topic. Now we got a moderator to keep things a little neater, not to offend anyone. 150 members, some don't post (that's okay) but we want them to feel like they can at any time. Reduce any cliqueness to the threads. Put it wear it belongs.

So again, just like last year, its getting colder out. Q'ing is slowing for some of us, but we got other activities (hunting fishing, sausage making, indoor cooking, Meals made in big pots, etc) to start warming us up.

I'll go out on a limb and say if we begin to start up seperate forums of individual cooking or styles, then the BBQ Brethren we have become will end up becoming the Sausage Brethren, the French Cooking Brethren, the Dutch Oven Brethren, the Alcohol Brethren :) , etc. If we start seperating into too many forums, we become a cooking forum. I'm already in some Yahoo groups that specialize in general cooking that I scan for general recipes or diabetic adaptations.

This is a BBQ group, and that why it was started.

But it's winter, and I am going to fry up some shrimp for lent and have this great batter recipe. Well I'm going to post it in Q Talk. Is it strictly "Q" related (if I don't use Dreamland)? No, probably not. But if we had started a Seafood Forum, and they were Parmesian Shrimp, would it go in Seafood or the Italian forum we open.

Q talk has always been about food. It's never been just Q. It's been grilling, frying, rotisserie, Q, chili, beer, drinks, frog legs, anything food really. This time of years, it's natural to started talking about other food.

So in order to limit confusion, I would tend to shy away from creating too many added forums.

Recipe sections, now that's a different story. A seperate sausage section is warranted, as well as any other differentiations than the ones listed. But if we go to far there, it could also be too confusing. (Ex. we create a stews and soups file and you have beef stew, does it go under stew or beef).

So I offer gentlemen (about up to $2.00 worth by now) that Q talk is already about more than Q, but Q is what binds us together. To stray too far from that starts to lose my appeal.

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2003, 12:51 PM   #14
Oldtimer
is one Smokin' Farker

I was looking for some activitty and didn't intend to stir up any $hit. I don't think we need anymore forums either. So with that in mind which one of you farkers is going to post a sausage with jalapeno and chees recipe ? Also how do you determine fat versus lean content ? What is the best ratio 80/20 70/30 50/50 ? Also we don't have German Italian deli's in Texas just Mexican ones.

If nothing else would could go back to a mullet discussion.

Old 10-17-2003, 01:28 PM   #15
BBQchef33

Brian Bro.... u aint stirrin any ****.. we're discussing options to improve stuff or give memebrs what they want.... I didnt see any **** being stirred here at ll. Thats why i didnt understand the toe steppin stuff. Just tryin to get thge jist of how you sausage makers want to handle it.

Agree with Bill. 100%. The only reason i would push a seperate forum is because sausage making IS pretty specialized. And if it takes off in the group, it would be easier to find info related to just that. How about we use Qtalk, I allready setup the recipe module and file section. If the posts spark alot of interest and traffic, we'll set up its own forum.

And one thing i disagree with Bill. I BBQ in friggin 6 degrees and got the frostballs to prove it.

One thing i gotta say, IN season for us northerners, we post lots of **** and q stuff.... but I rememebr the Off season hysterics last year, reading banter and stories and OT posts that had me gasping for air and pissin myself. Guess there is a good side to the cold nights.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM