First brisket on uds

Smokindanorth

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Good morning friends, I just got my arse out of bed and I'm ready to start my fire in my uds to do my first packer brisket. Its a 12.5 pounder, I'm gonna try to be one with the funk. Wish me luck!

Good morning and good luck!

Here I've had the coffee going all night :tea:

Good luck....Take lots of pictures. I just smoked a 4 lb flat. The UDS was giving me fits so it took me about 7 hours to get it done enough to eat.

Man, I couldn't sleep so I did the same. Happy smoking everyone!

Got the same weather here, them ez ups are a God send and that's a fact

No pics of my prep, but I started with lawerys seasoned salt, then garlic and onion powder, then Weber Chicago steak seasoning, using kbb charcoal with hickory chunks. I can't farkin' wait!

Plenty of wind and rain almost completely closed all intake vents and holding steady @250. Thought I would share a little pron of how I start my church beans, wish I would have thought of getting everything I needed to make these today.
IMG_20150206_170152218_zpsf4scqj5i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll be pulling one of them 3:00am's next weekend. Could do without the rain though.
Good Luck!!

Smoke is going good, my first armadillo eggs are out and they were pretty farkin' good, I think I like abt's more, something about bacon
IMG_20150919_123917451_zps6ukrmy01.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hit what I thought was probe tener after 12.5 hours with a temp of 198, separated and laid the flat to rest, point is back on for an hour, then I'll cube it rub it and sauce it, crank up the heat for myy first burnt ends

Back