Help me decide on my dilemma, "How much food?" 30 People

linhardt

Reaction score
Got a party of 30 adults. They want the full deal on 4 types of meat and 2 sides. So how much chicken, ribs, brisket, and pulled pork, beans, potato salad would you suggest I need to have done so that everyone is happy with whatever combination of meat and sides they want? I know that probably 6 - 8 oz of meat should be sufficient, but what are your thoughts on what you would do for each? Thanks.

I would start with the assumption that all 30 are going to have a small (3-4 oz) portion of each and go from there. That's 7.5 lbs of each finished product.

I would start with the assumption that all 30 are going to have a small (3-4 oz) portion of each and go from there. That's 7.5 lbs of each finished product.

Thanks. That was kind of my assumption (4oz) as well and was going to use that method unless someone on here had a better idea from real-time experience.

Thanks. That was kind of my assumption (4oz) as well and was going to use that method unless someone on here had a better idea from real-time experience.

Just be careful not to make anything especially tasty compared to the others! ;-)

A buddy of mine who has a Q restaurant in SLC told me to make twice as much pulled pork as brisket, given people's tastes in general. I see you're more in pork territory than beef (Texas), so you may want to take something along those lines into account. I follow his advice for about 30 (but it was only pulled pork and brisket), and it all pretty much got eaten.

Just be careful not to make anything especially tasty compared to the others! ;-)

A buddy of mine who has a Q restaurant in SLC told me to make twice as much pulled pork as brisket, given people's tastes in general. I see you're more in pork territory than beef (Texas), so you may want to take something along those lines into account. I follow his advice for about 30 (but it was only pulled pork and brisket), and it all pretty much got eaten.

Great advice, that is something that I am looking for. I will definitely figure that into the quantity.

For 30 people

chicken 20pc chicken (legs and thighs)
ribs 3 bones pp
brisket 6lbs cooked
pulled pork 6lbs cooked
beans 1 half pan
potato salad 1 half pan
I'd add a half pan of another side or bump the beans and slaw up a little of each

Back