Using trays in a Cambro

Daddyx

Reaction score
I'm a backyard BBQ guy who feeds lots of family and friends a couple times a month. I have been looking for something better than my cheap Coleman cooler to rest my briskets in. I think I'm going to go with the Cambro GoBox based on my needs, and reviews I have read here. My question is whether I need to get some trays or not. The GoBox I am looking at will hold (3) 4" pans which should be sufficient for the size briskets I cook. Would there be any advantage besides convenience to using pans rather than just stacking them in there like I currently do with my cooler?

Thanks all

Typically, the pans fit right in the Cambro slots and hang right there. No need for trays for them to sit on...that is if I'm reading your question correct.

Sorry, I mixed up my terminology a bit. I'm strictly talking about pans. I was going to order 3 pans to put the briskets in while resting but if I can just stack the meat up inside on top of each other and get the same results I may do that.

Ahh...weight capacity for a single pan. I don't think I've ever seen that listed anywhere. You can try stacking all in one pan...or maybe split into two pans and see how it works out.

I support all foil pans by placing them in real steam pans and sliding them in. I don't try the foil pans not to collapse, especially if transporting. It also helps to catch juices that spill from beans, etc. Many say they don't use support pans but I like the added insurance.

Using steel pans under foil pans also helps with cleaning your Cambro and, like HBMTN says, eliminates collapse.

I've never used a foil pan in a Cambro...therefore my thoughts didn't gravitate in that direction. I have only ever used hotel pans.

Back