MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
JazzyBadger
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Fingerlickin', you are the cat's meow!

Okay, so quite some time ago in the ol' WP there was a "contest" for some apple butter, because SOMEBODY decided they hated apple butter. No accounting for taste, I know.

The so called contest was the first person to post got some delicious apple butter delivered to them by none other than our brother in smoke, Fingerlickin'. His brotherly spirit is the stuff of legends around here, but boy howdy did he HOOK IT UP!

He sent this stuff to me during Halloween time (if you couldn't tell) but I've been so busy chomping down on this stuff that I couldn't be bothered retrieving them from my camera. To enjoy many of these veritable treats I made up a couple of loaves of cinnamon swirl bread

I made the terrible mistake at this point in not realizing I had rolled out the ugly side to be the top of my loaf. Haven't rolled out some cinnamon bread in a loooong time, so wasn't even thinking about it, even though with a regular kneaded loaf I'm on top of that. As I am fair in all things, I present the ugly bread loaves!

Look at them! LOOK AT THEM! All wobbly eyed and craggy. I was almost disgusted with them, until I sliced them open

At this point my already rather weak picture taking instincts were completely destroyed, because I immediately put a thin layer of butter on each slice, put the apple butter, pumpkin butter, pear butter, and white peach butter on a slice of each. Of course there are no pictures of this, because I wolfed them DOWN!

They were all delicious, so... so very delicious. I have to admit my favorite on this cinnamon bread was the peach butter. The pumpkin butter on its own tastes the best. My biggest challenge so far with that stuff is to not just suck it down straight from the jar.

As we're in "pie season" at this moment I've only really been making a lot of those, with these preserves sitting in the fridge, but I DID put some pumpkin butter on the top of a pecan pie... and man that was good. Maybe not its intended use, but I have no regrets.

Thanks for looking, and thanks again Fingerlickin'!

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Mighty Fine!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Q Junkie
is One Chatty Farker

Am I the only one that sees sad faces in those slices?
No doubt the way you were describing them as ugly.
Probably changed once the fruit butter was slathered on.
Q Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Q Junkie
is One Chatty Farker

Maybe roll it counter clockwise and it will create a happy face???
Q Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
Boshizzle

Wow, congrats to you and Fingerlickin'! And I bet your donkey likes it too!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Wampus

Super cool!

Nice lookin stuff there JB! Diggin the bread! I made some homemade white bread this past weekend. Care to share (or PM me) the recipe for your cinnamon swirl bread?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Nothin' wrong with that, looks like good old fashioned homemade bread, the best kind!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
Cuebacca
On the road to being a farker

I'm failing to see the flaws in your loaves!! They look great and delicious.

Fingerlickin sounds like a stand up dude!

Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
fingerlickin'

Those loaves look pretty dang good to me! Unfortunately baking is my nemesis. I'm glad you enjoyed all of it. If you ever need more you know where to find me. :thumbup:

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #10
JazzyBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
Super cool!

Nice lookin stuff there JB! Diggin the bread! I made some homemade white bread this past weekend. Care to share (or PM me) the recipe for your cinnamon swirl bread?
Done and done.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #11
JazzyBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
Those loaves look pretty dang good to me! Unfortunately baking is my nemesis. I'm glad you enjoyed all of it. If you ever need more you know where to find me. :thumbup:

I used to work in a bakery from the time I was fourteen until I was... almost seventeen. So baking is actually what sucked me into the whole food making thing in the first place. Enjoyed is an understatement, I freaking LOVE this stuff, and will definitely be hitting you up again for some of this stuff.

For the record I used your Tin Foil Hat Rub on my butts I made a couple weeks ago, and even took some pictures of that too. I'll be posting that some time in the future, and it was deeeelicious. I haven't made any in awhile, and this reminded me that I really should.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #12
fingerlickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybadger View Post
I used to work in a bakery from the time I was fourteen until I was... almost seventeen. So baking is actually what sucked me into the whole food making thing in the first place. Enjoyed is an understatement, I freaking LOVE this stuff, and will definitely be hitting you up again for some of this stuff.

For the record I used your Tin Foil Hat Rub on my butts I made a couple weeks ago, and even took some pictures of that too. I'll be posting that some time in the future, and it was deeeelicious. I haven't made any in awhile, and this reminded me that I really should.
For the record that's bigabyte's foil hat recipe. I just happen to be hooked on it and I don't want to be alone so I'm spreading it around. GTR gave me my first taste. If you like it the recipe is floating around here somewhere. :)

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last edited by fingerlickin'; 11-28-2012 at 01:16 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #13
JazzyBadger

Yeah I've made it myself, actually Bigabyte's Tin Foil Hat Rub was one of the first things I bookmarked from this site. I can't remember if that, or the freaking decoder ring for the Funky spices was the literal first thing I bookmarked.

Ah yes, memories...

Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #14
fingerlickin'

I figured you'd have seen that post by now. When it comes to rub more is always better anyway. :thumbup:

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #15
Phubar

Nice!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote