MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron
Default Guidelines for posting Competition Announcements/roll call/results

Hi gang... With the competition season starting up again I wanted to repost the guidelines that we would like you all to follow when posting competition announcements, roll calls and results. This is in the stickie above, but who reads the stickies

Gang... Please pay attention to item #1...

Quote:
#1--Please "title" threads completely and accurately.
If we are posting about an event--include the city/state. That is how most people identify them. There are about a zillion "Pig Jams" a year! Take a moment and look to see if a thread exists for your event. Threads do not "go away" here like they do elsewhere! Your new post will bring them right back to the top again!
Use the prefixes for this forum to make the title stand out and keep things organized.
Contest Announcements can be put up as soon as a contest is official.
Roll calls no sooner than 4 weeks out.

I'd like to suggest a format for threads about specific competitions to make sure that the requested information is included...

<Name_of_competition>, <Location_of_competition> - <Dates_of_competition>

Where Name_of_competition is the name that shows up in the sanctioning body's listings, Location_of_competition includes the city AND state as show in the listing, and Dates_of_competition includes the year since many of these events happen every year.

Thanks in advance!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Respect.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Ron_L

Gratitude

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
grossepellets
Full Fledged Farker

I hope more Brethren read this thread as I like not having to google most of the posted names - as very few post with the CITY/STATE in the threads - that would be nice and dreamy to start seeing more with city and state in the post...

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Ron_L

Now that comp season is ramping up, please read the guidelines in the first post of this thread BEFORE posting a competition announcement, roll call or results thread.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Thanks from:--->