MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #46
BBQdisciple
Full Fledged Farker

I pay up to 6.99 bucks a lb here in VA. of course that is for choice, but still. I'd have to buy a new deep freezer if I ever saw a deal like that here.
BBQdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #47
Pappavitto
Got rid of the matchlight.

So is this for Flats or Packers? Either way that is a great price. I can sometimes pay $1.98 per lb at the Commissary for choice packers.
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]
Pappavitto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #48
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

That is for packers.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #49
Astrobeerman
Knows what a fatty is.

I went to wally world of course, to price match (didn't want to buy 10 or 20$ worth of grroceries)...sure enough, they price matched without the price stipulations.

I wonder if other parts of the country can take tthis paper to wally world and get the savings....
Anyone wanna try? I can scan it in at work....
Astrobeerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #50
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrobeerman View Post
I went to wally world of course, to price match (didn't want to buy 10 or 20$ worth of grroceries)...sure enough, they price matched without the price stipulations.

I wonder if other parts of the country can take tthis paper to wally world and get the savings....
Anyone wanna try? I can scan it in at work....
Im sure it has to be in the same marketing area.

If I were try try it, there isnt a HEB for thousands of miles from me, They wont even know what it is
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #51
garzanium
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
X2- not all HEB's are participating...oh well..at least I picked up some gummy bears..next best thing to Brisket I guess
First of all- yes..I did just quote myself lol..

2nd- Called my dad in Houston to stock up on some- he went to HEB and picked me up 2 of em! Boom!

Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #52
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

Picked up 2 Wednesday night and 2 more Thursday night, cousin is bringing 2 tonight, then putting all 6 of them bad boys on the Fatboy Saturday night for an all night cook. Going Easter brisket hunting on Sunday morning.

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #53
charrederhead
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

^^^^^^Nice!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #54
treytexag
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJ View Post
Don't know if you get out toward Jersey Village but I was going to purchase some here. I've never used them so can't vouch for the product.

http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/3660110717.html

I can vouch for the product. Purchased pecan, red oak, and hickory from Dennis last weekend. I also found him on Craigslist. Dennis is a nice guy, very easy to find in JV, and easy to do business with. (edit: I wanted to add that Dennis is right near the Beltway, so it really is an easy drive from most places in the Harris County area)

I did brisket last weekend using Dennis' pecan, and it's good stuff. BTW, I have no affiliation with Dennis, and only met him once to buy wood. YMMV.

Trey
treytexag is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #55
treytexag
On the road to being a farker

Default Limit 1 in my Neighborhood HEB . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostang88 View Post
SO, I work for HEB here in Houston and I got a flyer for tomorrow through next tuesday and Front page.. Theres 3 pallets already weighed up ready to go, its going to be a mad house. 2 are the limit BTW Select but theres some REALLY nice ones

I just checked my local ad here near Bunker Hill Village in Houston, and dang, it's a limit of 1 with a twenty dollar purchase. So even where it is offered, seems like there is some variation in the offer from HEB based on marketing area. Guess I'll be doint my shopping today at "multiple" HEB's . . . . .

Here is a screenshot of my ad:

treytexag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #56
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treytexag View Post
I just checked my local ad here near Bunker Hill Village in Houston, and dang, it's a limit of 1 with a twenty dollar purchase. So even where it is offered, seems like there is some variation in the offer from HEB based on marketing area. Guess I'll be doint my shopping today at "multiple" HEB's . . . . .

Here is a screenshot of my ad:

My HEB in the Woodlands let me buy 2 per trip even though the limit is one. Wish I would have waited though, they had choice in the case last night at the same price.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #57
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Supposedly HEB is moving into the DFW area. Guess i gotta keep waiting.

Last year i had to wait until Memorial Day to get deep discounts on brisket.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #58
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

frognot I believe there is a Central Market on the North side of Dallas somewhere, they are in the HEB family, not sure if they honor the same ads though. I'm sure you could find one pretty quickly going South on 45 or 35 too.