MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Good concession deal or not?

I have had a event location approach me about working with them to provide BBQ concessiosn for there events. This could be a every weekend thing. Depending on the event attendance is 200 people on the low end and for thier better events 700 attendance. This woud be like a 4pm to 8pm timeline of concessions sales. They would sale all beer and popcorn only. I would be the eclusive food vendor other than them. They would be aking for a % of my sales, and basically are saying if it is a GREAT deal for meal they would want 20% if I had a bad night or not so great they would look to get say 10%. I think they are trust worthy people and basically he is saying we can work to make it a good deal for both us. I would also be the only one selling non alhcohilic drinks.

What do you all think?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
ssbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

What type of gathering would it be for? Any vegans in the mix? Also four hours, is that total time for the gathering to be doing what they do or a break in the action? Need more details to be able to help. Plus I don't like floating variables such 10% to 20%. If the event is slow, you still have a certain expense number to cover. Steve.
ssbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

It is is a outdoor performing ampitheater where they have everything from bluegrass concerts to festivals and performance arts, local big hit bands and more. It's also part of 2 local college universities.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
ssbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

That sounds better. One thing that goes over well is bbq sundaes. Three or four items all in a cup, like potatoe salad or slaw, pulled pork or beef and beans,all layered. We have served splits, which are laid out in a plastic boat, scoops of product with pickle spears on edges and cherry peppers on scooped items with a little sauce drizzled on. To resemble a banana split, only bbq products. The idea is to have more uses for your product, rather than say sandwichs only. More options, less cost is key. Quick money has always been burgers, dogs and drinks. I've got some customers that make a killing on precooked turkey legs that they just warm, sauce and serve. Once you find your target audience you can tailor your fare to them. I try to find out what they want and make it the best they ever had. Wish you luck. Steve
ssbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

I would say give it a try, you will probably feed on average 10% of the people on the low end. But drinks you will be in a much higher percentage. It doesnt hurt to try.

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
bluegrass&bbq
Got Wood.

Try and get the % split in writing...
as an example if your sales are under $2500
for the night The venue collects 10% or 250
anything over $2500 they collect 20%.
IN my opinion I think I would try for a 3 tier split