Weekend Shenanigans in the Duke City (w/Pr0n)

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
On Friday, CINCHOUSE had a flat tire and asked me to handle dinner while she dealt with that, grabbed the munchkin from school, etc. Sure!

Chicken Tikka Masala w/ onion & cucumber raita, vegetable samosas, garlic naan, and chutneys. Banana Samosas for dessert.

1IUgLBFl.jpg

sNkSgA7l.jpg

After work on Saturday, I picked up a 3-pack of prime ribeyes from Costco. These things are monsters... 1-1.25in thick.

Stuffed mushrooms for appetizer. Relearned just how delicious a teaspoon of Durkee's Sauce is in the filling mixture.

JWAiJyPl.jpg

Oakridge Santa Maria + Carne Crosta on the steak. Baked potato with Cavendars, butter, green chile dip. Way too much wine looking at the stars and enjoying time with my spouse.

jGTJx60l.jpg

Managed to get some Thai-inspired marinade together for a small, funky rack of spares hidden in middle of 3-pack.

sA25AJzl.jpg

Up this morning feeling worse for wear. Suffered through late morning sun to put together a surprise for the munchkin. She's thrilled. Misses her pre-CV19 gymnastics classes.

DSn1SGnl.jpg

Rack of spares on the kettle. Glazed at the end with a Sriracha BBQ sauce mixture. Baby bok choy sautéed with garlic for side.

daI42GTl.jpg

wy3nHpUl.jpg

jFyRT6el.jpg

Good to see lots of folks have some seriously enjoyable weekend activities and killer food.

Thanks for stopping by.

You sure made her Happy, wonderfull smile
Wonderfull time of her life
Food looks great as well, what sort of Chutneys?

Looks great. I’m stealing your Durkee’s in the shrooms. My daughter and I are on a stuffed mushroom kick... our fav so far - feta and broccoli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You always seem to make a great cook look effortless, Marc.
Munchkin is growing up quick. If she likes to cook, you may have to start watching your six pretty soon.

Marc, whata fantastic weekend cook!! You sure make the time special for the Family and the Little One's grin is pure Joy!! Thanks for the weekend adventure!!:clap2::thumb::thumb:

...what sort of Chutneys?

I grabbed some Major Gray's Chutney and some Hot Mango Chutney. I even went so far as to make Green (Cilantro-based) Chutney from scratch... but, we forgot to get that out of the fridge when serving. :sad:

I’m stealing your Durkee’s in the shrooms. My daughter and I are on a stuffed mushroom kick... our fav so far - feta and broccoli.

Do it! It had been years since I had 'em with Durkee's in the mix. I think I need to try the feta and broccoli option soon.

Munchkin is growing up quick. If she likes to cook, you may have to start watching your six pretty soon.

Eventually, we'll learn to lay off the Miracle Grow coating on her feet at night. :roll: She really likes to cook... and we've had a few recent "surprises" from her when she's tried to cook for us before we're awake. :shock: Thankfully, nothing unsafe, but some lessons learned all around.

Loving the variety and the execution, and that smile from the Munchkin can fix a whole day! Fantastic!

Back