Bacon Monkey Muffins w/ Butter Brandy Glaze (pron)

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Bacon Monkey Muffins w/ Butter Brandy Glaze

Anybody who knows me will tell you that it’s hard for me to leave well enough alone. So after eating way too may of the Monkey Muffins that I learned about on The Pioneer Woman Cooks site, I decided to take a few liberties with the recipe.

I started off just like the recipe says by putting a thin pat of butter and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in each muffin cup.
SDC10482.jpg

I also added 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to each cup. Next I fried up some thick sliced bacon until it was crispy. I recommend cooking over medium heat and turning frequently so it doesn’t burn.

SDC10483.jpg

Then I took the canned biscuits and broke them in to 3 pieces each and wrapped each piece around some of the crumbled bacon.
SDC10484.jpg

Next I put 3 pieces in each muffin cup…
SDC10485.jpg

…sprinkled on more bacon and covered that with another pat of butter and the same amounts of sugar and cinnamon.
SDC10486.jpg

Then I put them in a 400 degree oven until they were golden brown and delicious. In the mean time, I made a glaze by slowly blending 1/2 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of brandy in a sauce pot, over a low fire until it was smooth.

This is what I ended up with…
SDC10488.jpg

SDC10489.jpg

SDC10490.jpg

I wish I had words for how good this is. You need to try this recipe and then let me know what you think. Once you come out of your sugar coma that is.
Enjoy!
Bigmista

I figure if I can't feed ya, at least I can make you drool.

Looking great Neil.
Did ya butter the bacon chips before you put them in the dough?

Sugga, Butta, Cinnamon and Bacon. Dang it Neil. You know I'm gonna be making this in the morning. I would tonight, but it's too late to go to the store. Glucos high here we come. Thanks brother.

I figure if I can't feed ya, at least I can make you drool.
I hate going down to L.A., I really do, but, you guys keep posting this stuff and I may have to venture down south of San Jose and actually get fed.

Hmmm...bacon fried in butter. I wonder if I could pull that off?

Neil, that looks just too damn good man. Do you deliver? I'm only like an eight hour drive away, you could get those here for breakfast.

You're just trying to make me go spend my gas money at the grocery store, ain't ya???

Back