"Butt Rub" Pork Chops...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I got a couple of sample packets of "Bad Byron's Butt Rub" at the Big Green Egg Festival a couple of weeks ago and decided to try it on some chops...I'd give it...
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

I looked at a large jar of Butt rub today. Just wasn't sure about buying BBQ rub at the Lumberyard.

everything looks great..

If my name was Kermit, the label might would have struck an "interest".

I looked at a large jar of Butt rub today. Just wasn't sure about buying BBQ rub at the Lumberyard.

Some day I want to live in a place where you can buy BBQ rub at a lumber yard!!! That's BBQ country.

NUTZ

I've used it for years on random pieces of pork like chops and roasts... Good stuff...

BTW, they often have it at Menards.... Right next to the Sweet Baby Rays....

I got a jar of that when I pit-beyotched for Parrothead and RonL in Libertyville.
It went missing for a loooong time, but I just used it up. Was good on spares too.

Some day I want to live in a place where you can buy BBQ rub at a lumber yard!!! That's BBQ country.

NUTZ

I seen it for the first time a while back at the LP gas place down the road..that's what I thought, why would I buy rub from here...since then I have seen several users on here, better go back and get me some.

say how was the chops? JD Mcgee? looks great!!!

That rub is excellent with butts, but,,,,,I heard (read at another forum)to cut it with sugar for ribs thou,,,,,,

Its awesome stuff, I buy it at my lawnmower (hustler) dealership. They also sell Traegers. It is REALLY good on wings, its kind of wierd, when you taste it, is not hot, but when cooked it somehow picks up some heat. It also does that with the bark on Pork Butts too.

NUTZ

Inside joke. There are a few adult clubs called The LumberYard in the mid west.

say how was the chops? JD Mcgee? looks great!!!

That rub is excellent with butts, but,,,,,I heard (read at another forum)to cut it with sugar for ribs thou,,,,,,

I liked it a lot...it kinda reminds me of Lowry's Seasoned Salt (if you were to add black pepper and a little cayenne.)

Back