UDS Keep it Simple !!

There is a huge thread dedicated to UDS and their construction. Find that thread and ask there. Many answers await...

41 pages of post! Gotta go to work some time.
Serious though, is there not a detailed set of instructions somewhere on here to make one?

Read this:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23436&highlight=ugly+drum+smoker

Don't skip a post. All your questions will be answered. Make it your own. Post Pics.
Ditto!!
Take the time to read the entire thread and look at any attached threads. It may take some time but will be well worth it. Make sure to ask questions at any time as the Brethren on this forum have a wealth of information to share and are more than willing to do so. Good luck and you will have a fantastic smoker and awsome Q when you are done.

41 pages of post! Gotta go to work some time.
Serious though, is there not a detailed set of instructions somewhere on here to make one?

There are so many different mods that you could make on one of these, I doubt that one set of instructions would be worth a fark. Go to the UDS thread, read through it (yeppers, all 40+ pages), then pick & choose what works for you this time. Hell, I'm not even 1/2 way finished with my first one & I'm thinkin' of mods for the next one:-D.

h2o, don't get hung up on one way to do a UDS, Just make one and go from there. All are a little different so it is no big deal. The result will be the best BBQ you could imagine. Lots of ways to skin a cat...the result is the same. OBTW, skinned cats don't make good Q...too furry.:wink:

I agree, read the thread, I built mine in 3 days after reading it. All my questions were answered in it. You'll find mods and answers there that will lead to more questions, which are answered later on in the thread. If you still have questions, just post to that thread and I promise you will get a response or 5.

h2o, Pm me a email address and I will send my powerpoint presentation and cooking tips i had made for Miller contest.

h2o, don't get hung up on one way to do a UDS, Just make one and go from there. All are a little different so it is no big deal. The result will be the best BBQ you could imagine. Lots of ways to skin a cat...the result is the same. OBTW, skinned cats don't make good Q...too furry.:wink:
Not furry if you skin them :biggrin:.

i agree with the rest of the brethren, read the thread and form your own idea about what a UDS should be. then fire it up and test it. oh and enjoy the results.:-D:-D:idea:

If ya skin the cat and there is still fur left hit er with the weed burner!:lol:

If ya skin the cat and there is still fur left hit er with the weed burner!:lol:

Check with Norco to see if Harbor Freight has any coupons B4 you buy the weed burner.

Wrapped in Bacon. Farkers can be lean.
Man did this thread take a hard left.

Remember

If you do the 3-2-1 on them, they turn out tasty and tender...

Back