Whole Hog

N

nhojetihw1633

I have killed a wild hog and would like to get some tips on BBQ it on a pit.

Moderator's Note: If this wasn't a serious inquiry, please let me know and I will delete it.

This new member e-mailed me with the same question, so I'd treat it as legit. One question I asked him in return was whether he wanted to cook it whole or in pieces. Awaiting the answer.

Arlin

If you have a spit keep it whole, if you don't quarter it. What do you have to cook it with? High heat kinda deal, or an offset smoker. Either way there are numerous ways to cook this puppy.

One that a fellow in my neighborhood uses all the time is to inject with bbq sauce, rub down with a light amount of seasoning and he cooks it at high temps on a rotisserie.

More info on your cooker and experience would help out here.

I did a wild hog a few weeks back here is the thread with the picture link.
I like to do the shoulders, hams and ribs separate so I can pull them off when at prime temps. Nothing gets overdone that way. Here is the link if you don't want to read the other thread. Scroll down from the opening page the wild hog pics are first in line. Good luck!

Man, Zilla, that looks good. Based on that butchering job, I wouldn't want to get you angry with a knife in your hands.

Got his reply and he's cut it up and will Q it in pieces. Should be plenty of threads to search out!

can you come over here and kill this one too? He's eating my taro plants!

4509615258.jpg

4509677706.jpg

Back