MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default "Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Tonight eating at a Phriend of Padawan,probably we're gonna bring picanha along.
The rest of the weekend I dunno...

Have Phun y'all!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #2
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Gonna have to wait til Sunday to cook a packer and some spares. I'm taking my 4 yr old son on his first deer hunt Saturday. Hopefully we will get thro on a back strap too!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Sitting it out again this weekend I'm afraid I'm on some strange rabbit food kick. My body is craving all this veg for some strange reason.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
swinn
Full Fledged Farker

Doing 6 Pork butts on Sunday. Have to cook 4 for our Holiday party for my department at work. Another one is for a pot luck party just for the building I work in, then 1 just for me!! :)

Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
rksylves
Full Fledged Farker

This weekend is something of a milestone for me. It's my very first try at jerky. Depending on the weather I'll be loading up the cooker really early Sunday morning and see how it goes.

Many thanks to Kap'n who has been WAY more than generous with knowledge share and help.

I'm going to take photos and will be posting a 'Here's my first jerky try, win, lose, or draw' tutorial probably on Monday or Tuesday.

Russ

Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
Mklade
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Cookin a packer today, CASI chili Sat. and Sun. The packer is for pot -luck dinner Saturday night.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

I've got a packer and butt going on tomorrow and Turducken stock is getting simmered on Sunday.
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
Terry The Toad
is one Smokin' Farker

Well, I just ordered a couple of Lodge CI pizza pans. They were delivered yesterday. So, I'm gonna break them in this Sunday by smoking some pizzas... can't wait!

"I love animals. I just love to eat them more. Fun to pet; better to chew." - Jim Gaffigan
Terry The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
smokainmuskoka
is one Smokin' Farker

Pork Loin Roast.
smokainmuskoka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
thirtydaZe
Full Fledged Farker

Starting to look like prime rib roast. i'll likely sneak a rack of ribs in too however.
Weber Summit
Weber Performer
Weber Go-Anywhere
Weber Jumbo Joe
thirtydaZe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
TIMMAY
is One Chatty Farker

Throwing a pork shoulder on the kettle. Gonna experiment with injecting just to see what happens. I love it when shoulders are .99 a lb on base...
TIMMAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Gonna smoke a ham-cured butt a la Phrasty that's been in the cure this week. Also gonna make some breakfast sausage and I found a nice & bendy little 9.5# packer at RD this morning which I'll be cooking as well. And, as every week, a chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_KY View Post
Sitting it out again this weekend I'm afraid I'm on some strange rabbit food kick. My body is craving all this veg for some strange reason.
Nothing wrong with that at all brother - just listen to what yer body's telling you and roll with it!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #13
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksylves View Post
This weekend is something of a milestone for me. It's my very first try at jerky. Depending on the weather I'll be loading up the cooker really early Sunday morning and see how it goes.

Many thanks to Kap'n who has been WAY more than generous with knowledge share and help.

I'm going to take photos and will be posting a 'Here's my first jerky try, win, lose, or draw' tutorial probably on Monday or Tuesday.

Russ
Your gonna do fine.
Should have a good baseline to tweak and build on later.

Have Fun

I have 3 honking big briskets going on tomorrow to restock the freezer.

TIM
Just sold Yoder YS640 due health
New Ninja Woodfired Grill for Christmas 2023
The_Kapn is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #14
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Some roadside chicken and baby backs tomorrow, not sure what else at this point.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #15
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Just got the green Light from the accountant AKA My wife... 2Birds, #11 lb briskit and some Pig shots !!! Pron To come ! yeah Briskit ! This is for Saturday !!!!
1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE

Last edited by VoodoChild; 11-16-2012 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: add more info
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote