Finally, CL score

vafish

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been searching Craigslist daily since I built my uds at the begining of the year to find a 22.5" kettle to use as a donor for my sons uds.

Finally found this:

downsize.jpg

22.5" one touch, looks unused. 2 bags of charcoal, chimney, and grill tools for $40.

My son wants to keep it to use for grilling, and use the lid for the uds.

I may still keep my eye out for another.

Great score but shes too purdy to be butchered for a uds. Keep her and look for one with the bottom rusted through to use the lid for the uds k.

Sent via Criffvo

yea, you would be surprised what you can do on that. would be a shame to mess it up. look for one that is on its last legs.

Nice Find!, I need to find 2 more lids yet then got hats for all my UDS without stealing form my performer :)

pwa

That's a pretty one. Keep looking 'till you find one that's just about had it. I can attest to the fact that they're out there. Around here, that's all I've been seeing lately.

Northern VA, manassas.

It is too nice to get chopped up and will get used as is. The lid will get moved to the uds for smokes until I find another one.

Good for you! I think i saw that one but didn't feel like driving two hours lol. One will come my way soon:pray:

Just scored #2 tonight. Will post a picture of it in the morning.

Older Weber kettle with the 3 bottom wheels, not rusted out, with the heavy duty cover, bag of charcoal for $10.

I was taking an online class and happened to bring up CL during class. It was the most recent post on CL and I emailed the guy and said I'd be over about 9:30 tonight to pick it up. Drove 45 minutes each way to get it. Probably spent more in gas then the grill cost me.

I'm going to use the lid for my sons UDS and the bottom will go on my UDS.

Awesome! Your kickin' butt! Nice finds! I think your deal beats my deal. (garage sale purchase)

Awesome! Your kickin' butt! Nice finds! I think your deal beats my deal. (garage sale purchase)

I saw your garage sale find. I think you did alright.

Here it is:

IMAG0752.jpg

After some careful inspection in the daylight there is a little rust where the legs are welded to the kettle. Will have to grind the legs off and patch it somehow.

Last edited:
Back