• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

CL Weber Score!

MisterChrister

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Snagged a brand new in box Smokey Joe Gold yesterday for $20! I'm building a mini WSM with a 16 gallon drum for the center section that I picked up on CL for free. I was going to use my SJS but have heard the Golds work better since the side vents won't clog with ash. I'm pumped!

niiice ! i have run into an issue with my sjg though. maybe its just me. when its windy or on the cooler side, i have a hard time keeping the temp up around 300 deg.
no problem with the sj.
i also have a 16 gal drum but 'am torn between using it as a stand alone or using it on the sj. so will love to see what you do.

I currently use a SJG for my mini-WSM, and IMO, it does work better.

CD

Snagged a brand new in box Smokey Joe Gold yesterday for $20! I'm building a mini WSM with a 16 gallon drum for the center section that I picked up on CL for free. I was going to use my SJS but have heard the Golds work better since the side vents won't clog with ash. I'm pumped!

A build thread using the a 16 gallon drum would be a HUGE benefit to see.

niiice ! i have run into an issue with my sjg though. maybe its just me. when its windy or on the cooler side, i have a hard time keeping the temp up around 300 deg.
no problem with the sj.
i also have a 16 gal drum but 'am torn between using it as a stand alone or using it on the sj. so will love to see what you do.

I have the same problem, but with the SJS. Any breeze out and I can't get it anywhere close to 300.

I have the same problem, but with the SJS. Any breeze out and I can't get it anywhere close to 300.

Nice Score. I used a CL smokey Joe Gold from CL for my WSM Mini.

I have had temp issues when it is 20 degrees outside. So I just put a towel on the mini.

Other than during winter, I have never had issues with temp. It is my go to smoker when I do one chicken or a single butt for the family.

DSCN1040_zps09c4bcd0.jpg

your beer is getting hot outside:)better drink it fast. Cool to see you can get Shiner in CO(that cant be TX with that snow lol)?!

Back