What are you guys cooking for new years eve?

My contribution to the party is some cold-smoked cheeses, and MOINK balls.

CD

Well I was going to do prime rib, but we decided to go the Q route. Pork, Ribs, Beans, Mac N' Cheese, and Bacon Wrapped Chicken chunks. yummmmm

Not much for New Year's Eve but, for New Years Day, Osechi Ryori:

Soba in Memmi (for long life and breaking between old and new year)
Tamagoyaki (rolled omelette, a traditional food for fertility and good harvest)
Oden (pork and vegetable stew, a traditional winter stew, celebrates the coming spring)
Kinpira (nasty horrble root pickle, I don't know or care why we have to eat it)
Charsiu (cause I like it, it goes well in noodles and holds all day)
Gohan (rice, cause we are of Japanese descent and we love rice)
Makisushi Traditional (cause it tastes good)
Makisushi BBQ (cause I can)
Kuromame (black soy beans and chestnut, for good health)
Kamaboko (it was my dad's favorite dish, as we figured out how to make it like his mom did, it brought him to tears, so we make it even though he is gone)
Teriyaki Chicken (cause I like it)
Pulled Pork (cause I have a smoker)
Home made ramen in beef broth and pork fat (cause well, just because)
Smoked rare (110F) tri-tip soaked in shoyu sauce and sweet onions (it is really good)

maybe...smoked and red braised pork belly, if I can find good pork belly or side meat.

Probably spareribs trimmed St.Louis style & maybe some homemade coleslaw. Thats the plan anyway, unless people end up coming over. Then, who knows!

Gonna go to Landarc's Place!:becky:

I'll be celibrating new years eve at my South APhrican Phriend Carina's Place.
Everyone is bringing a bottle and a snack...probably I'm gonna bring the WGA along with some wings.

Maybe a fatty on new years eve.

Brisket the night of new years day for a 2:00pm serving time on the 2nd for Rose Bowl. Go Ducks!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You guys eat on New Years Eve? Strange concept to me.:laugh:

Liver...my liver. Actually, although you could call it marinating, I think pickling is a better description of the process.

I just built my uds less then a week ago. Been smoking something in it almost every day.

For new years we are going to my mother in laws house, we are supposed to bring desserts and my wwife said I can NOT smoke the desserts. :(

Back