Attn: KC area shoppers

Fat Woody

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just a general FYI for anyone in the KC metro (or in range of a HyVee) - I just completed a three stop shopping run that took me to a HyVee, Costco and Sam's.

HyVee is running a deal that gets you a free turkey (Honeysuckle White, frozen) with the purchase of a Hormel Cure 81 ham @ 2.99/lb. I spent $16.00 on the ham and picked up a 12.5 lb turkey for nada - not bad. Runs until 11/09, requires a coupon from ad which they had in the store.

Sam's (at least the one off 95th in Lenexa) has Excel choice packer briskies for 1.88/lb. Most were in the 10 lb. range; been a while since I've shopped for 'em, but this seemed like a pretty decent price.

I didn't spend much time at Costco but since I mentioned them: I did pick up a 3 lb. bag of Guatemalan coffee beans for 12.99. It'll last us about 2 weeks the way we go through coffee. Smelled great, even through the bag!

Thank you! I see ham and turkey in my future.

So the ol man's going to be out of town for the weekend huh?
wink,wink!!!!!
Ed

Yes, he is cooking in Shelby, NC. BUT the girls and I will also be going out of town. Driving up to Shawano WI for my Grandfather's 90th Birthday.

Back