Dr Chickens Twice smoked ham

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Did a 17lb whole hickory smoked ham last night to take to the parents this evening and for me and the Wife to celebrate our first Christmas as a married couple. We did our favorite ham mashed taters and sweet peas.

Here she is. All i had on hand was mesquite chunks for the WSM so that is what i used. It turned out great. Wife said it was one of the best hams she's ever eaten.
I accidentally deleted a few pics of it on the cooker.

100_1983.jpg

100_1985.jpg

100_1986.jpg

We got plenty of ham left over so we are fixin to make the 2 hr drive to my parents for the weekend, and fry a few chickens and have ham and moink balls for supper. Hope everyone has a Great Christmas.

Looks great! This is next on my list of things to cook for the holidays.

Love that DCDSH. I did one for Thanksgiving along with the turkey but that ham is the best.

Nice looking Ham. I need to try and smoke some Dr.Chickens Twice Smoked Ham, soon.

This ham is simply the best............

The only left overs from my in-laws house from yesterday was the bone - and we had to keep that in the garage.

n581721988_1256409_4868.jpg

This ham is simply the best............

The only left overs from my in-laws house from yesterday was the bone - and we had to keep that in the garage.

n581721988_1256409_4868.jpg

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are that's funny.:lol::lol:

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are that's funny.:lol::lol:

Well, when a guy goes through the trouble of smoking a ham - he should get to keep the bone to make soup..............I'm just sayin.

I split the bone at the hip, knee and gave em to the dogs. figured they deserved it after havin to sit in the back yard and smell that wonderful ham cookin away in the WSM.

Back