MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
cwiese
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks everyone for the great info now have to decide which one to use. It will be fun. THANKS AGAIN
cwiese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #17
DownHomeQue
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : DHQ

5 Gallon Bucket lol

[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148660[/URL]

250 Gallon Offset Build (2012)

[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211078[/URL]

600 Gallon Offset Build (2016)
DownHomeQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
LanceM88
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Lance

I use 1 gallon of water, 1 cup of Morton's Kosher Salt and 1 cup of sugar. Heat the salt and water in a little water till completely melted. Cool it down in the fridge. Add the remainer of the gallon of water into "The Briner". So handy!!
LanceM88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
okiej
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeff
Default 5 Gallon bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmccoy543 View Post
I purchased a Food Grade 5 gallon bucket at Lowes last year just for brining my turkeys. I got it in the section with the trash cans and buckets I believe by the paint. It has a sticker on the side that says Food Safe on it... Maybe $5 or so.
Hope this helps.
The local deli here has 5 gallon buckets they set out the back door and give away. Most had been full of dill pickles. I would call those food grade and they are free. Ck the local restaurants for really cheap 5 gallon buckets. I am not opposed to spending 5 dollars for a bucket but free is free and I also use these for my bucket garden.
okiej is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
Teleking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George's BBQ View Post
Both Smokin Oakies and Pattio Daddio's recipies are excellent I used them both one T Day and the birds were awesome Dont forget to ice the breast before cooking
Or cover the breast with white wine and butter soaked cheese cloth and pull at the half to crisp.
Teleking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

What ever brine recipe you use, i'd stick with 1/2 cup kosher salt per gallon of water.....seems to work well. Go a cup if you add in gallon of vegetable stock and a gallon of water

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote