MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

"Look at my boy!
You grow up so quickly!"

Nice job Wampusz!
I always envy your UDS when I see it!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Nice pr0n!

Old 03-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #18
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

A lot of great looking 'cue right there.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #19
deepsouth

Good eats wampus

Old 03-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D

Great looking cook good job brotha hella nice looking shots you took to! Going to go make a pp samich right now

Old 03-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #21
BBQ Bacon
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dean

Must be feeding an army!

Looks awesome.
thecanuckfoodie.wordpress.com/
BBQ Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
J-Rod
is One Chatty Farker

Food all looks great! Question for ya- I see you got two racks rocking in your UDS. D you find the food on the bottom rack cooks faster/differently than the top one? Do you switch tthe racks halfway through? Just curious as I recently added a second rack to mine but haven't used both yet.

Regarding the fish, you might be able to make good use of it in something such as a cioppino or a seafood mornay-if you aren't familiar look it up its awesome!

Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
deguerre

Kempis kooks. Who knew?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #24
Wampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDGeek View Post
Dude - you just gave me SMOKE WOOD! Awesomeness. Just got a new freeze / fridge for the garage that I get to dedicate to Smoke. Once my new pit arrives on the 10th of May I have a feeling I'll be doing a few big cooks and getting stocked up on some pre-cooked / vacuum sealed goodness.

Having never cooked and then vacuumed sealed meat for longer than 6 weeks or so (some reason my BBQ gets eatin quickly) about how long are you able t keep yours? Anything special you do to your freezer?
I just recently found a bag of PP that was around a year old tucked away behind some other stuff and it reheated just fine. Usually the stuff never lasts that long. I don't do anything special to the freezer except stuff it full.

I do need to defrost mine soon. The ice build up is starting to creep in on my storage space yo!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #25
Wampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Food all looks great! Question for ya- I see you got two racks rocking in your UDS. D you find the food on the bottom rack cooks faster/differently than the top one? Do you switch tthe racks halfway through? Just curious as I recently added a second rack to mine but haven't used both yet.

Regarding the fish, you might be able to make good use of it in something such as a cioppino or a seafood mornay-if you aren't familiar look it up its awesome!
Yeah the bottom rack definitely cooks a little faster than the top rack due to the direct heat. I always swap the racks out about 1/2 way through the cooks on whatever I'm doing. Unless I'm doing something big like a ham, turkey, etc., I almost always utilize both racks and so, have to swap em. This is ESPECIALLY true on higher heat cooks. Sometimes, if I keep things down around 225ish, it's not as big a problem, but I still swap em.

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #26
snook806
On the road to being a farker

that was awesome pron!!! thanks.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #27
triplezip
Knows what a fatty is.

Looks great, man. Bought a big pro comp cooker this year, and still prefer the UDS for shoulders and brisket. Drums rule! And yo, that stacked freezer bag pic looks like a drug bust. So funny.

Eastern Beast BBQ Team - KCBS CBJ
Backwoods Competitor
Twin black UDS's
Winco CO-301
Lang 84D
triplezip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #28
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Default Re: Did me some COOKIN' yesterday!! (PRON YO!!!)

Awesome pic!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #29
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
Oh yeah.

I will pull the meat off of all 6 of these, portion and vacuum seal and freeze just like I do PP. I like to add just a little AJ and more seasoning to the meat (I do this to PP too) after pulling it before I bag it, which helps when reheating. We use pulled chicken for all sort of stuff (enchiladas, tacos, nachos, chicken salad, etc) and having it readily available, portioned in the freezer is TOO handy. Reheat the same as we do PP.....drop it in boiling water.

I've also done whole birds and then carved them and vacuum sealed and frozen them that way too. I try and flatten them out so that they reheat evenly. Good stuff.
Nice cook! Just got the vacuum sealer and I am sure it will pay for itself soon!
Jed

Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #30
Cherrywood
On the road to being a farker

Looks awesome! When it's all said & done do you boil the bird bones for homemade stock? Makes amazing soup, creamed chicken, etc...
Cherrywood is offline   Reply With Quote