MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #16
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Default Correct hyperlink

That hyperlink is bad - slashes are in the wrong direction.

Try this one!

http://kck2010.2champions.com

Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Ok, seen one class in MI and one in KS, coming northeast anytime soon? Don't worry, if it's close enough I won't even TELL my wife about the class cost. Would love to learn from the Best. Keep your good thing going Plowboys. NY would work for me and bunch of brethren.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #18
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42BBQ View Post
Ok, seen one class in MI and one in KS, coming northeast anytime soon? Don't worry, if it's close enough I won't even TELL my wife about the class cost. Would love to learn from the Best. Keep your good thing going Plowboys. NY would work for me and bunch of brethren.
ny2010.2champions.com

Plowboys & Smoke on Wheels - Oct 30

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #19
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Thumbs up

Swamp Boys Q School, Fall Class Announced. Join the list of Champions who have taken this class and kicked up their game - 1st place category winners, Reserve Grand Champions, GRAND CHAMPIONS! This class is a bargain and this will be the last one given at the current price, and is the last one for 2010. Quit waiting, make it happen.
Click here for details: http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/NovemberCook-Class2.pdf
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #20
bbq widow
Got rid of the matchlight.

Help!!! I'm trying to locate a cooking class taught by Johnny Trigg. My uncle said there's a week long class that costs $5000.00????? All I've seen is a weekend class for $500.00. Are there classes taught by Mr. Trigg? Where and when?? I'd like to give this as a surprise gift to him.
bbq widow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #21
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq widow View Post
Help!!! I'm trying to locate a cooking class taught by Johnny Trigg. My uncle said there's a week long class that costs $5000.00????? All I've seen is a weekend class for $500.00. Are there classes taught by Mr. Trigg? Where and when?? I'd like to give this as a surprise gift to him.
I'm not aware of Johnny teaching any classes these days. Is he thinking of Myron Mixon? Myron is teaching classes on a regular basis out of his home in GA. Just look up the Jacks Old South website.
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #22
bearnakedbbq
Full Fledged Farker

I am just getting started in the BBQ thing and Alaska isn't known for BBQ. so I just signed up for these two classes.

Anyone been to them? What did/do you think?

Any ideas or helpfull hints that I should know about before going to these classes?

http://www.jacksoldsouth.com/cooking-school

http://www.bbqinstitute.com/BBQ_Class_Georgia.htm
bearnakedbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #23
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

You jump in with both feet there Brother
Do not buy a cooker until you have done the classes
The style you go with will dictate which cooker to get
Enjoy

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #24
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq widow View Post
Pellet Envy, Rod Gray and Mr Trigg did classes together before the Pitmasters show
Rod has said no classes until next year

World Champion Yazoo Delta Q is in cycle on classes now
And they do have private extended classes

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #25
nancee
is one Smokin' Farker

isn't that BOTB weekend?
nancee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #26
Yazoo's
Knows what a fatty is.

Yazoo's Delta Q is having their next class November 13 and 14th in Hernando, MS, with a meet and greet dinner November 12th. We will be going over all 4 KCBS meats and all 3 MBN meats, including our World Champion whole hog. We will go over everything from contest set up to presentations and everything in between. Cost is $750, and $500 if you would like to bring a spouse/teammate.
Go to http://www.yazoosdeltaq.com/cooking-classes for more information or email us at [email protected] and we can send you an info sheet.
MemphisBBQCO.com
Yazoo's is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
Spydermike72
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Here is the registration link.

http://Michigan.2Champions.com

This class will be held Nov. 6th and 7th in Lenox Twp. Michigan. This is about 30 miles north of Detroit. I'll be looking into some lodging info if needed.
Just wanted to remind folks of this one, especially after the GREAT showing both Todd and Dave had this past weekend at the Royal. Both were Top 10 finishers in both the Open and the Invitational!!
Backwoods Competitor
Backwoods Party
Weber Performer
Certified Moink Baller
Past President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know
Spydermike72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #28
bbq widow
Got rid of the matchlight.

Thanks for the help!! I'll look into it.
bbq widow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #29
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo's View Post
Yazoo's Delta Q is having their next class November 13 and 14th in Hernando, MS, with a meet and greet dinner November 12th. We will be going over all 4 KCBS meats and all 3 MBN meats, including our World Champion whole hog. We will go over everything from contest set up to presentations and everything in between. Cost is $750, and $500 if you would like to bring a spouse/teammate.
Go to http://www.yazoosdeltaq.com/cooking-classes for more information or email us at [email protected] and we can send you an info sheet.
IF I don't make it this year then I'm definitely coming next year. I need to fine tune my MBN skills.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #30
MoGreen
On the road to being a farker

Hey, Rub! If me and me brother-in-law go "Chuck & Larry", can we still bet the spouse discount?
MoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote