Made a Santa Maria grill for a 22" Weber

Zak

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
After all the talk about them here i decided to make my own since i had some metal left over from my last project(atv trailer in the background). I only had to get the expanded metal, cable and round bar, the rest was leftovers. I didnt get a pic of it painted since it was still a little tacky last night, and why i didnt get to try it out yesterday.

This is how it started:
stock.jpg

And the end product. I will get better pics this weekend. I really dont think there's another accessory i can add to this grill cart. For the 22" i have a rotisserie ring, pizza oven, and santa maria plus i have a propane burner for using a discada or griddle, plus it's great for starting the charcoal, deep frying, or large seafood boils.

Attachments

• santa maria.jpg
    santa maria.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Looks like a great build but I have to say this before anyone else does.

Square Grate vs. Round Hole! :becky:

post-4713-0-27242000-1486930109_zpsnt6ajmf0.jpg

I like it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What a great idea! I can see multiple uses for this!

If you stumble over a bit of 1/2" angle, build yourself an Argentine grate to plop on top of your existing expando. You can attach the drip pan to the grate or clip it to the front edge of your frame. On fatty foods: sausage, chicken, burgers, that juice just sluices down to be caught instead of flaming up and taking your eyebrows off.

nice job!

COME ON SATURDAY!!!

Nice work!

Ok so the weather finally cooperated and got a couple pics of the setup. I started with a basic 22" kettle from CL and started adding accessories, which i was concerned about the legs and added weight. Plus i wanted everything together in 1 mobile unit. So the mind started thinking about a solution and with a welder in one hand and some metal in another i put together the cart to hold all the goodies. Works out great for storage and mobility. Nothing too fancy or elaborate, just utilitarian.

First pic is the santa maria and the griddle i made for it(it's a little rusty from sitting). Second pic is the rotisserie ring and discada. Third is the pizza oven insert. And finally a pic of the tri-tip. The rotisserie and pizza oven were made from cutting down a metal barrel to match the diameter of the weber. The burner works great for deep frying, lobster boils, or getting cast iron pan HOT for blackened striped bass, keeps all the heat and smells outside.

Attachments

• santa maria & griddle.jpg
    santa maria & griddle.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 121
  • rotisserie & discada.jpg
    rotisserie & discada.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 119
  • pizza oven.jpg
    pizza oven.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 119
  • tri tip.jpg
    tri tip.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 119
Great build!
Been thinking about one of these myself.

That’s freakin SWEET!!!

That's a really great set up! Seems very well thought out and executed!!

Back