MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Formats of posts for this forum.

Teams:

Register your team: In the thread title. ** Team name and Location.

In the body of the text.

Team name
Bio
Web site
Upcoming events
Location info
Sanctioning body info
Contact info.

Number of slots you may have in general.

If the thread is for a specific event, include responsibilities that woul dbe filled and details of the job. Funds if required, foods, etcs..

Mentees/Volunteers.

In the thread title. Format Your name(here on the forum): Area:

body of post is whatever you want to do..

Make sure you use the *** at the begining of the titles so we can isolate them from general conversations.

Please keep "BIO" threads and "Available" threads clean from general chatter unless it relates specifically to that team or event.

general discussion and chatter can be in the forum in there own threads.

I do see a need to organize better, but lets see what we get first.

this sounds strangly like a dating service doesn't it. ?

Married chuby cigar smoking male available for contest in MOFo Area.

Likes: blue smoke and moonlight cooks, dislikes boiling and burnt food.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

How do you see the old ones?

By the way, I noticed that Jack's Old South charges a fee to "mentor" with their team at contests so this is a pretty sweet setup.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Try the sort at the bottom and select "show threads from the beginning."
Works for me.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
The Moss Pit
Knows what a fatty is.

***The Moss Pit have read a lot of great posts here and learned a lot so far. I have been making sauce and Q'n for about 10 years. My wife and I are ready to go to the next level but I would like to experience a comp. First hand or at least get some guidance from an experienced team. Any suggestions?
The Moss Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
nancee
is one Smokin' Farker

Default The Purple Turtle Catering Company; Norwalk, CT

Looking for help for Norwalk COntest next Saturday and Sunday. So anyone who wants or is willing to come out and lend us hand either day next weekend it would be deeply appreciated. As much or as little as you want but there are 16!! categories. Plus Oyster Festival is a blast; the music is great and there's lots for the partner/family to do. Thanks
Nancee Gell
[email protected]
www.purpleturtlecatering.com
(website is outdated)
or just pm me...
nancee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
gjdad
On the road to being a farker

***gjdad I have been making sauce for the last year and smokin for about 3 years. I would like to experience a competion first hand. Anybody looking to add a crew member?

Thanks

Dave
Old 10-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
thinbluebbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Thin Blue BBQ - Indianapolis, IN area

Thin Blue BBQ will be taking new members or guest cooks for the 2011 season. We are looking for folks interested in cooking with our team. We compete in events throughout Indiana and the region and have won numerous awards. If you are interested in getting some experience or finding a competitive team to join then contact us to discuss things.

Brian Herbert
Thin Blue BBQ
[email protected]
thinbluebbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
Mat
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
How do you see the old ones?

By the way, I noticed that Jack's Old South charges a fee to "mentor" with their team at contests so this is a pretty sweet setup.
You can change your profile options/settings to show all threads. I just changed this because I thought the forum was dead!
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Smolderin Swine
Found some matches.

*** The Smolderin Swine is looking for team members for the 2011 season. we compete in NJ,PA,MD, DEL. We begin our season at Pork in the park in MD. This is a relatively new team and I haven't won the big one yet. I have the equipment and some good Q. Maybe this is the year to go all the way, or at least have a good time and eat some BBQ, Email me [email protected]
Smolderin Swine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
Wreck Em' Tech
Got rid of the matchlight.

Hey guys and girls, are there any cook classes in the DFW area? Started smoking three years ago and would like to learn as much as I can. Have read some books and stuff, but I believe the best experience is hearing from the cookers. Would like to learn some tricks or get any advice, would be great.
K Squared Smokers
Fort Worth TX
Kyle
Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
bosshawgs
Knows what a fatty is.

bosshawgs warwick ny i am trying to get a team together i the lower Hudson valley ny .i have 2 smokers and a little knowledge email [email protected]
bosshawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Bearly Blazin'
Found some matches.

Well I would like to work with a team in the Alabama area. Love to try it first hand.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #13
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearly Blazin' View Post
Well I would like to work with a team in the Alabama area. Love to try it first hand.

need to read first post of this thread, then create a thread with proper format. folks wont see this here where it is.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
HickoryJ
Knows what a fatty is.

Default ****HickoryJ

total noob to comps. looking to get my feet wet and help out in any way with a team competing in ohio, eastern indiana, southern michigan. would love to experience it from load in to load out. also have a buddy who will eventually be competing with me. if there is room and u dont think it would be too much of an inconvenience...id like for him to get some experience as well. if not, screw him lol. i'll catch him up. thanks brothers

jason
Old 10-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #15
HickoryJ
Knows what a fatty is.

sorry, for the above placement. i got too excited lol. mods, feel free to delete the above post and this one. thanks