Pig Bomb

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The show is on Dicovery about wild pigs and boars, pretty interesting, some of these suckers are downright HUGE , don't know how they would taste but they could probably feed a small town!

Any of you in Texas , Georgia eat any of these hogzillas?

I've had it. The wild taste is pretty strong. My friends usually used it for chili or sausage. Some people trap 'em and then feed them commercial feed for a while. Then they taste just like a farm pig. Problem with that is they are wild and dangerous. I don't think you'd put 'em in a normal pig pen. They are all over here in Texas, but most of 'em are 150-200 lbs., although in the right conditions if they don't get trapped, shot or hit on the road, they can get huge. You used to be able to hunt them all over for free, because the farmers and ranchers just wanted them gone. Then they figured out it was popular enough to charge a lease just like deer hunting. We have very little public land for hunting in TX.

I have a couple of friends at work that told me that they go down to Texas every year for wild boar hunting. They said the same thing that the wild taste is pretty strong but that it depends on what time of the year their hunted. Have one of them telling me he would bring me some meat from one of his recent hunts, might have to take him up on it!

The larger ones are rather strong tasting. Some are disgusting.
Now, those little ones of about 30lbs dressed are a totally different story!

Some ahole picked up all five of the little ones from the trap today.
Said he was going to take them home to fatten up.
Looks like I have to wait for the next batch. I was looking forward to putting one on the UDS
next week.

Farmer's down here still let you hunt them for free unless
"you're not from here", in that case they charge you.

Weiser

this is the 3rd post so far I seen in a week about the pig bomb!!

anyways I wouldn't eat wild pigs, they will eat things that a buzzer would turn up his nose.

I cooked a wild pig ham (back quarter) on the UDS last week and took it to work and nobody knew the difference. Cooked to about 205 and then pulled it. It is how you prepare it. This one wan't but around 80-90 lbs on the hoof. The bigger ones do taste strong and can be made into sausage.

Back