MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
BBQ_MAFIA
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default BGE Help

Does anyone know if the Plate Setter for the XL Big Green Egg is covered under their guarantee?
A week or so ago I seared two large steaks on my Egg and then took them off the grate, put in the Plate Setter and finished off the steaks indirectly. When the steaks were done I took them off and closed the egg along with the vents and replaced the daisy wheel with the ceramic cap. Today I planned to cook a few chops so when I uncovered my Egg and found my Plate Setter Split in half.
Nobody has touched the Egg and it has not been exposed to any crazy weather.

To top it all off I just bought a Pizza stone for the XL and now can't use it.

I plan to call the mother ship on Monday but first wanted to check in here and get your thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your feed back.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Dizzy810
Got Wood.

The plate setter has a 3 year warranty instead of the lifetime on the egg. They gave me another one last year after mine developed a hairline crack through it. The new one is staying in the box until the old one finally breaks.

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
CT-Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

What Dizzy said. The Egg itself, firebox, and fire ring have the lifetime warranty. Platesetter and pizza stone are 3 years.

[url]www.facebook.com/goindeepbbq[/url]
CT-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-14-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Covered.

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
camben
Knows what a fatty is.

I have to admit. I thought the BGE would be a little more durable than what I'm reading about. I'm on a few other forums and it seems like it's happening a lot to people also,myself included. I bought mine off of CL at a REALLY great price so I really don't give a rip if it falls apart. I've had mine now for 3-4 years and love it and use it all the time. I understand that if you buy it new it comes with a warranty but I wouldn't want the hassle of dealing with corporate and having my egg out of service.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #6
K80Shooter
Full Fledged Farker

I also have the XL Egg, my plate setter has had a crack about half way across it and has for the last several years. Does not hurt a thing and don't seem to be getting worse. Get it replaced and don't sweat it.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #7
cmcadams
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Camben, the problem as I've seen it is with the XL (and XXL may be worse), but it typically just needs care in handling. The XL is enough bigger that the platesetter probably is stressed in ways that make it more difficult to keep intact. Just my opinion, though.

Livefire Whisky

CBJ, some comps, a few awards, Certified Artisan Steak Taster.

XL Big Green Egg, Bubba Keg Convection Grill, Weber Kettle, Charbroil Infrared and mad livefire cooking skillz! :)
cmcadams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #8
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

As stated above, 3 yr warranty on the platesetter (a.k.a convEGGtor). You can find the warranty details here: http://www.biggreenegg.com/support/warranty/

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote