MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
SEMPER FIre
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Vending in tx

Hello,
this will be my first time, so take easy and be gentle with me and ill still respect you in the morning....ok....so thinking about, actually buying items now, food vendor in tx...i have noticed many venues only allow vendors maybe 2 hours to set up, how in the heck can you bbq, smoke, ribs or brisket(including tri tip) in that amount of time???? I have spent many a beers(hours) cooking ribs and brisket just for home. How can it be done for the masses with no "home prep" allowed????
SEMPER FIre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Dustaway
is one Smokin' Farker

first off welcome to the brethren site and find your way over to the cattlecall and intro duce yourself there also you will notice this site will not stand for pilling on so don't be afraid to ask question and PLEASE provide input makes for a much better environment.

OK you question I think you might be getting competition cooking and vending mixed up, most of what I have been involved with you can prep and cook off site if you are vending only and as long as it's done in an approved commissary or at your facility that is licensed?

for a competing the food must be uncooked and in most cases inspected before you can season and start cooking.
hope this helps
22" WSM
Backwoods Chubby

"Never let your persistence and passion turn into stubbornness and ignorance."
Anthony J. D'Angelo

Last edited by Dustaway; 04-22-2010 at 09:34 AM..
Dustaway is offline   Reply With Quote